How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial

Guest MegaloManiac

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just say my last 2 vehicles had a fuse between the alt and battery from the factory.

I personally don't understand why someone would have a wire connected to a battery with out a fuse.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

would it be okay to upgrade just one ground instead of two?

Do the alt case to frame if you only do one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

from everything I know of.... the only difference from the big 3 vs big 4 is if you have a uni-body car or a frame vehicle.... since on uni-body the frame and body are one unit but on a truck the frame and body are separate and you would also need to add a cable between the 2 depending on where you ground your amps.... if you upgrade the wire on your frame but ground the amp to the body you have not improved this ground path....upgrading the ground path that the amp takes is just as important as the alternator since the equivalent ground of a frame/body is equal to 4awg after you figure in path of least resistance and most people with basic systems do not make additional ground runs from bat- to amp but yet feel the need to use larger wires than 4awg power.... causing a bottleneck in the ground path

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived