Second Skin Audio

Which box design has a better THUMP.

I am about to get two Rockford Fosgate P3 15s. It is a 3.00 cubes max for one so I'm guessing a 6.00 cube max for two. I want a sound that thumps more then actually holding a tone. Something that hits hard rather than holds out tones louder. Would ported or sealed be better. I've heard that ported is better for beats and sealed is better for holding out tones. Is this true??? Any help is appreciated.

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

i built my first ported box in December and it gets way louder and lower then any sealed boxes i ever had. i do feel like the seal has a longer range though and sounds much cleaner

Its how you design a box. Experienced people will say Ported boxes all day everyday.. Because they have the smarts to make it sound almost as flat as a sealed enclosure. Although you lose some much with sealed.. I would get a design from a member and build it yourself that would be the best bet

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

i built my first ported box in December and it gets way louder and lower then any sealed boxes i ever had. i do feel like the seal has a longer range though and sounds much cleaner

ported boxes can too, just need to be done correctly.

edit: many of the SQ competitors run ported, just needs to be tuned really low iirc.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Basically you would rather be louder than sound perfect.

Ported is the simple answer to your question and 2nd the others on here about getting someone to design it for you. Start a new thread asking for help and list your max dimensions you can use in your car and im sure you will be well on your way in no time.

Archived