Sonic Electronix

new BTL, couple questions.

I got my 15" btl from fi and built my box (designed by ram-designs.com) which had to litteraly be kicked into my trunk (carefully) and will never come out unless its destroyed and it sounds really good so far. I was just wondering about the box tuning, I want bass a loud as possible, my box is tuned to 33hz. How does the box tuning affect the sound as far as loudness? difference between higher and lower tuned boxes? Would a custom fit to my trunk box sound good if made ok? I have an 06 cadillac cts and was thinking about maybe forming a box to my trunk and cutting the ports to port out the top back winshield of my car (where the 6x9s usually are) as my 6x9s are not in the normal place.. Any thoughts, advice? Also I am running a AQ2200d on this sub and all the settings are turned to 100% and the sub is taking it like a champ (no clipping or distortion at all). Would a new line driver help make it louder or should I go with the 3500d? Also thinking about sometime trading in the 1 15 for 2 12" btls? this should be louder because of the cone area right? Any advice is appreciated.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

You think it's not loud enough ?

What head unit do you use ?

How did you set the gain ?

Where is your low pass filter set on your amp or on your head unit ?( 80 Hz would be a good start).

Do you have enough electrical power to feed the amp ? You need power to make power !

Low tuning : more output on the low end than a higher tuning.

Most spl competitors tune much higher than lower. It's hard to make dbs on the lower notes.

33 Hz is good for music and for decent numbers.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Ok if everything is at 100% your clipping it all the hell and back first set your gain with a scope or dd1 second yes that would make it louder as the wave wouldn't have to travel through your seats to reach the cabin and it will then reflect off the rear window. And lower tunning is what makes playing lower frequencies ok because it controls the sub during those bass notes in music

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I have a pioneer 7" dvd player style head unit and I think it has a basic line driver in it. The gain was set by ear but as i was tuning it and turning up the gain it kept getting louder and still clear with no distortion until it was at 100% so I backed it off just a little. LPF on the amp is also all the way up I believe at 150, and I keep it at 125 on the head unit as it sounds like its the loudest. I hhave a stock 150 alt amp with a kinetik hc 1200 under the hood and a hc 2400 dedicated to the sub with all 0 gauge wiring so I think the electrical is good. The box is tuned to 33Hz now but I may want it more around 35... What about the custom fit boxes done in fiberglass with maybe the ports up and out the rear deck?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

You would barely notice a difference between 33 and 35 hz. A line driver is not a tool to get more output from your amp. A line driver increases your signal input voltage which allows you to lower you gain, not increase amp output. A line driver can also keep RCA voltage up when splitting between multiple amps.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

settings at 100%. umm...yeah....dont you think if the amp manufacturer wanted the settings to be at 100, they would put a simple switch that goes from 0 to 100, or no knobs at all? they're all there for a reason. you dont just turn shit up. and i see in your sig that the hc2400 is for the sub only. i hope to god that its wired to the front battery and not just sitting there

Archived