Speaker wire on VVX-12

Use 14 AWG or smaller. 12 AWG won't fit nicely. It's what I used for my runs and jumpers for my VVX's but you have to shave it down a lot to get it to fit.

Edited by FunkMcOwnage

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg

i got two 16 gauges coming from each post, i had to flatten them both with a vice for them to fit side by side in my VVX 12s. no problems so far

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Thanks guys I ended up going to a audio shop this morning and tried a few wires.. ended up getting some stinger 12 gauge it just barely fits in without having to trim anything..

The guy had never heard of Skar before and asked me to bring it in.. he looked a little shocked when I walked in with it lol.. I guess he was thinking it was gonna be some cheap POS sub lol

I used knukonceptz 12 gauge wiring, I don't remember having any problems with it. Lost all my extra wiring so I picked up some Xscorpion 10 gauge speaker wire for when I get my second VVX-12. No idea how that will fit.

The guy had never heard of Skar before and asked me to bring it in.. he looked a little shocked when I walked in with it lol.. I guess he was thinking it was gonna be some cheap POS sub lol

Yeah, very few people outside the online forums know about Skar Audio. It's fun to surprise people when they actually hear them, though

Thanks guys I ended up going to a audio shop this morning and tried a few wires.. ended up getting some stinger 12 gauge it just barely fits in without having to trim anything..

Sorta surprised it fit. The stuff I used was monster cable 12 gauge and it had to be shaved down a lot to get two wires in in one terminal.

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg