Voice coil temps?

How warm should the voice coils get?? Should it even get warm at all?? I just got my ONX1.1000D installed today and got everything set up after about 5 minutes of playing I noticed a smell not really a burning smell though anyway I cut everything off and put my hand on the center of the cone and it was pretty warm..

This is the first time the sub has really seen any power my old amp was some POS kole audio 600 watt max amp so it wasnt enough to even try and power it..

Sub is VVX-12 gain was between 1/2 and 3/4 and Bass EQ was about halfway

sounds like you were clipping. if bass eq is bass boost, turn it off. if you can, find someone near you with an o-scope or dd-1 to set your gain.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Reset amp settings properly than check back. IE: Set gain level to what your head-unit voltage is, and turn off Bass EQ (bass boost and what-not). LPF to ~80hz, SSF at ~25hz

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Keep in mind though, speakers get warm while playing so I hope you didn't notice the warmth and think there was a problem. If the woofer is so hot you can't touch it then this is about to happen: :shtf:

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Keep in mind though, speakers get warm while playing so I hope you didn't notice the warmth and think there was a problem. If the woofer is so hot you can't touch it then this is about to happen: :shtf:

LMAO

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

Yes, turn the bass boost ALL the way down. Then set your gain between 1/2 and 3/4, should be a tad better

What?

Why would he have to do that?

He should set his gains properly, with a DD-1, Oscope or atleast with a DMM.

Don't trust your ears, you can't hear clipping properly at all.

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Yes, turn the bass boost ALL the way down. Then set your gain between 1/2 and 3/4, should be a tad better

What?

Why would he have to do that?

He should set his gains properly, with a DD-1, Oscope or atleast with a DMM.

Don't trust your ears, you can't hear clipping properly at all.

Not everyone has a DD-1 or o scope bro.

I was simply giving a rule of thumb that normally works for people. It's a safe place to set it with no BB on.

Haven't seen a situation where a gain 1/2 up has been clipped

Also OP what are you putting your HU on?

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

Yep your right I dont have a DD-1 or O scope even though i want a DD-1 badly just cant see spending the money on it just to set my amp..

I do have a DMM though how would I go about using that??

My HU was at 48 of 62 when I set my amp and the loudest I usually ever turn it up is like 52-54

BB is off and Gain is a little more than half and the sub still gets a little warm.. not as warm as it was before but should it not get warm at all??