TRTC360 Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 I know you don't compete sealed up, but you have any sealed up numbers? '93 Firebird Formula V8 H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395 Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4 Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0 G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator www.youtube.com/TRTC360
SnowDrifter Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 Batteries store energy via a chemical reaction. You only see benefit below battery voltage. ~13v A capacitor on the other hand stores a difference of electrons. Think similar to a static charge. This will work at any voltage. If you have enough alt power like AMI does, it wouldn't make sense to add batteries which are only effective below 13v to try and keep your voltage in the 14-15v range ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Wicks Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 ^^^ Very good point. Also ultra-caps have a much lower (order of magnitude) less ESR (equivalent series resistance) then batteries. Therefore they can release their current much faster and have less wasted energy. Plus, they look pretty damn cool AMI, I would have built the cap enclosure out of plexi so you could see those monsters! This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
Quiet Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 You offering to pay??? LOL I've been watching Andrew build this for a while. He's got more money in wire than some of us have in our whole car. I'm sure if he wanted to lay down $500 more in plexi he would have. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
cuznlucky Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 Nice meeting you at finals. The truck looks and sounds amazing. One of the highlights of the show for me. One of the main reasons I drove 10 hours! Wanted to actually talk to the man and get some input on things. Plus the demos were killer. Videos coming. 2001 Toyota Solara (Daily driver small system) Mechman 240A (140A Idle) Main battery - Exide AGM Group 34 Audio battery - Kinetik HC800 Head Unit - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Storage - Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB HD Processor - Audio Control Three.2 Distribution - PowerAmper Power Meter (Old school cool) Mid/High Amp - JL 300/4 Front Stage - JL xr650-csi Rear Stage - JL xr650-cx Sub Amp - JL 500/1 Subs - 2 x Hifonics HFX12D4 PowerAmper Power Meter, amps, battery all mounted on custom "strut tower" bar.
AMI CUSTOMS Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 Thanks guys, I was gonna do a massive multi quote, but I hate those so I will try to anwser the questions as I remember them. N8 yes sand was left in I got MidwestSPL finals this weekend, can't show them boys what it really has quite yet. About the caps, I selected them for many reasons, big one, to get the voltage I need during my run, caps were the best choice. I start at 15.3 and drop to 13.8 FULL TILT clipped after 30 seconds at idle!!!! On 6 3500s at .5 each. You do that math on batteries it would take to do that. Alot more then a dozen. A dozen batteries weigh how much? These 96 caps only weigh in at about 100 lbs. I needed the box to able to hold up to stuff going in and around it, and plexi would run the risk of getting scratched all to hell, cuz it is still a truck and I do haul some shit from time to time. I considered plexi for the top plate but decided to just leave it open. Added the plexi tinted meter and plexi fuse block. That was enough plexi I think and ties everything in together nicely. After finals I WILL START ON THE DOORS, I PROMISE, holy crap it has been over a year lol. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
David Bailey Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 AMI, you bringing it down to Daytona for SBN next March? Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
cuznlucky Posted October 25, 2013 Report Posted October 25, 2013 AMI, you bringing it down to Daytona for SBN next March? This would be awesome, Andrew if you do come down to SBN I want a demo with the truck running and pushing at or near full tilt. I know you said it gets painful at that point but that's what I want to experience. LOL 2001 Toyota Solara (Daily driver small system) Mechman 240A (140A Idle) Main battery - Exide AGM Group 34 Audio battery - Kinetik HC800 Head Unit - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Storage - Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB HD Processor - Audio Control Three.2 Distribution - PowerAmper Power Meter (Old school cool) Mid/High Amp - JL 300/4 Front Stage - JL xr650-csi Rear Stage - JL xr650-cx Sub Amp - JL 500/1 Subs - 2 x Hifonics HFX12D4 PowerAmper Power Meter, amps, battery all mounted on custom "strut tower" bar.
AMI CUSTOMS Posted October 25, 2013 Author Report Posted October 25, 2013 When is SBN, cuz I have been considering it. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
David Bailey Posted October 25, 2013 Report Posted October 25, 2013 March 22-23 http://www.springbreaknationals.com/ Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.