Sonic Electronix

I have a vehicle in which i will not be doing any electrical upgrades but am looking for a system with two twelve in speakers which total at the most 1000 watts rms (if you dont think a 2005 buick century could take it please say so)

what i want to ask is if anybody knows any quality subs that will suit an audiophile (or at lease someone with a good ear) and gets plenty loud for the power

please suggestions only

http://www.stevemead...-special-combo/, that´s a good offer from Skar, there be known as musicaly

and loud in there pricerange. Next good offer and in my eyes the better ones http://www.stevemead...-35999-shipped/.

But on your side i would do one electrical upgrade http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/, in 0/1 gauge. Big 3 is a barebone for little money. If you choose the boxoffer, think at next on the amp, if you know what your amp put´s out in RMS. Skar can make the box a little bit bigger, that´s the way

to control the sub if you underpowering them.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I second skar and the big 3.

You might be able to get away with a Skar 1500/Sundown 1200/AudioQue 1200 with just the big 3 and maybe a bigger battery too.

But to play it safe I'd either get the 1200/1500 and a bigger battery, or just get an 800 watt amp and a slightly larger enclosure.

Big 3 is a must though!

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

its totally up to you but if i were you i wouldn't get type r's. at best buy, they are 250 each.. i say go to amazon and see what you think of a sundown. i got a huge box for mine and am putting 180 watts clamped and tested to it (600w rms sub) and it Pushes soo much air its insane. I put the sub in my back seat and got a hairtrick from 1 12 on 180 watts. these subs sound great and are VERY well made. they just feel so much more solid than any best buy sub ive felt. they run about 160 shipped when i got mine but who knows how much they are now.

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

its totally up to you but if i were you i wouldn't get type r's. at best buy, they are 250 each.. i say go to amazon and see what you think of a sundown. i got a huge box for mine and am putting 180 watts clamped and tested to it (600w rms sub) and it Pushes soo much air its insane. I put the sub in my back seat and got a hairtrick from 1 12 on 180 watts. these subs sound great and are VERY well made. they just feel so much more solid than any best buy sub ive felt. they run about 160 shipped when i got mine but who knows how much they are now.

i call :bull:

no offense dude but really a single 12 doesnt move enough air to do hairtricks..... regardless of if its in your backseat or not...... i want proof...... video :) and if im wrong ill admit it......

but yes op i would definitly do what everyone else said and do the big 3..... i think the buicks come with a 105 amp alternator (or close) and running true 1000w rms would be pulling more amps than your alt can make at full tilt. a bigger battery would help for sure along with the big 3. good luck and have fun!!!!

-JARRID

Edited by 95legwagon

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

• 2 weeks later...

Sundown, skar, obsidian all great choices. Another sub to look into tho for nearly half the cost would be the crossfire audio c5 12. They're older version was rated for 300w but now they have upgraded soft parts to rate at 500w at close to the same cost (nearly 80 bucks)! If ya need any help let me know.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Its a huge ass box tuned to 29 but i forgot to add port displacement so it is ~26hz. I clamped the amp and at 5 ohms it was doing 180 watts because of box rise. Its a sa12 d4ohm wired to 2. I will try my best but i am selling this amp this saturday. It wasn't a real hairtrick but her hair was fluttering and the bottom of her hair was levatating in the window. i have a vid of it in the backseat but no hairtrick. i will see if i can pull it up. I thought the amp was doing 450 watts but according to clamp meter and dmm it did 180. I was like WTF??

EDIT: videos.

Edit#2: It gets 180 watts on juice box when it was clamped. I would assume it is somewhere in the 300-350 watt range on lower notes.

Edited by sundown-e21

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Its a huge ass box tuned to 29 but i forgot to add port displacement so it is ~26hz. I clamped the amp and at 5 ohms it was doing 180 watts because of box rise. Its a sa12 d4ohm wired to 2. I will try my best but i am selling this amp this saturday. It wasn't a real hairtrick but her hair was fluttering and the bottom of her hair was levatating in the window. i have a vid of it in the backseat but no hairtrick. i will see if i can pull it up. I thought the amp was doing 450 watts but according to clamp meter and dmm it did 180. I was like WTF??

Having a enclosure "coushioned" on the back seat loses ALOT of needed pressure ... Also, A MAJOR safety hazard !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch