Gain on Amp or Adjust Headunit?

What is better to do. If I'm looking to get just a tad more of bass and I'm already at 75% of volume of my head unit (26 of 36). (a) Is it better to turn my deck bass adjustment +5 or (B) just turn my gain up on my amp?

My amp Sundown 1200D gain is set to around 80%. I figured it would be better to turn gain on amp since the deck could be clipping after 75%.

Thanks for your input.

What is better to do. If I'm looking to get just a tad more of bass and I'm already at 75% of volume of my head unit (26 of 36). (a) Is it better to turn my deck bass adjustment +5 or ( B) just turn my gain up on my amp?

My amp Sundown 1200D gain is set to around 80%. I figured it would be better to turn gain on amp since the deck could be clipping after 75%.

Thanks for your input.

Im sorry but i had to laugh at this.

Go to a shop and let them tune your gain, because you aren't qualified to do it at the moment.

(that's really the best advice i have, because i don't think you want to buy a DD1 or a Oscope)

You are clipping, im 100% sure.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The gain isn't a volume, or power knob. It is used to match the decks output voltage. It needs to be tuned with an oscope or better yet a DD-1. If its not loud enough for you, then you need to either upgrade your equipment or try a different sub enclosure.