Sundown Audio

amp is messing up...

dakier

so i think the rca inputs on my amp have fried, i unhooked my amp last week to pull my box out and paint it and when i got back to wiring it back up as soon as it sees power my subwoofers just start thumping. i have a cresendo bc2k and 2 skar vvx12s, i have replaced the rcas twice since this still does it, i have changed the grounds 3 times, idk what else to test, the left rca input look a little messed up on the amp today i noticed. when i looking into it the black piece that separates the ground and the positive on the amp was not there so i pull that face of my amp off and saw that it had somehow been pushed back so i pushed it back into the input where it belongs, didnt help anything, anyone have any tips/suggestions ? thanks

i got everything all fixed. my remot wire was shorting out at one spot in it. then the next day my amp started doing it again, i found that the ground i had was constantly shorting for some reason and had melted and corroded the wire really bad, grabbed another wire re-did my ground do a more secure location and hopefully it doesnt happen again

Does the amp have a metal chassis? and is that metal chassis by chance touching other metal?

i've heard of people's amps shorting out because they were in contact with metal.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Does the amp have a metal chassis? and is that metal chassis by chance touching other metal?

i've heard of people's amps shorting out because they were in contact with metal.

hmmm. never thought about that.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

by thumping is it like a test tone? that would be an rca thing in my book. i had an old audio control 4xs go haywire and just burp like a low hz test tone when ever it wanted. then the next minute it would be ok. ended up being a bad sub output on the mother board. not the actual unit but the plug. the soilder came loose.

NEUMAN

i got everything all fixed. my remot wire was shorting out at one spot in it. then the next day my amp started doing it again, i found that the ground i had was constantly shorting for some reason and had melted and corroded the wire really bad, grabbed another wire re-did my ground do a more secure location and hopefully it doesnt happen again

Didn't that blow your fuse?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69