Sundown Audio

what is it about clean power that people dont get

jake1993

so the past 2 days ive tried to explain to the guys that a dd-1 or a oscope is needed when setting gains and that without the tools it would be hard to run more than rated power without burnt up coils. Around here everyone thinks unless its too loud to sit in you can do all the tuning by eear. And the seem to think that walmart amps are the only ones that distort.

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

ive talked about the DD1 and CC1 around here, and agree that they sound like great products

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

yeah. A couple weeks ago i rrran into a kid who swore up and down that his cheapest 2 kenwood12s and his 2 kenwood 10's that was all on a hypnotic 2k gain about 3/4 the way up and about 1/2 bass boost sounded better that 2 15" aq 2.5s on a ap1500 with gains set with a dd-1. The 15's hands down sounded better

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

aq's were in a explorer just incase u was wounderin and the kenwoods were in a hatch back thing. No sure what it was exxactly. I know it wasnt a civic. And the kenwoods were all in cheap prefabs

Edited by jake1993

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

You CAN tune properly by just using your ear.

IF you know what you are doing.

A distortion detector and/or O-scope are good tools to make it easier and more exact, but they also require you to know at least a little about what you are doing.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

IOWA REPRESENT!

yeah people are stupid and stubborn until you show that your system sounds better and louder than theirs and your subs don't even get warm

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

yes all the kenwoods were and All on the same amp.

And ed yes understood you can tune by ear IF you KNOW what your doing. But gains cranked aint knowin what your doin. Lol

Edited by jake1993

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg