Sonic Electronix

audio technix sound deadening

Gee imagine the SS rep telling you to buy something else, wonder what product that would be.

AT stuff works great, several guys on my team have used it...

Did I say Second Skin? No. I said look elsewhere because the quality of this product is not up to my personal or our company standards and I would NOT recommend it. Heck there isn't a single product that comes on a roll that I would recommend and for various reasons.

I am glad several guys on your team have used it and they are happy with the product... however I would like to ask what other brands or products have they used in the past? Typically the answer is Peel & Seal, FatMat, or no previous product.

If you want a list of products that I have tested/installed/used and would recommend, it's actually a short list.

- SDS Tiles

- Stinger RoadKill Expert

- Dynamat (the industry standard is still a good product)

- HushMat Ultra (a bit on the thin side, great for lightweight applications)

- DEI BoomMat

And of course our line of products...

Again, msmith I would suggest shopping around and comparing for yourself and even contact several of the companies to gain some insight into their products.

And thank you guys for seeing my unbiasedness, I try to be as transparent as possible.

IMO you would be better off just staying out of ANY threads that are not asking about SS specifically. While the lemmings on here will support you I find it in bad taste and it steers me away from your product.

With that said you seem to be a cool guy (I've read many of your non deadener related posts) and quite knowledgeable, but it screams "used car salesman" every time you jump into a thread and directly or indirectly push SS stuff. Again that's my opinion but I'm sure others see it that way also.

I've personally used: P&S, AT, SS tiles, and SDS tiles

You would do better not to tell someone where they can post. Jon gave an honest answer and gave his recommendation on what his thought was. Being that he actually works in the industry and has not just promoted his line but others as well makes him a person in which I would take advise from. You better be the one to watch it as the ninja sword is very sharp.

=@

:ninja:

Pretty sure he has a vendor section. If the OP had a question about SS he would have gone in there and asked. Same with looking for Jon's test results.

Again, IMO it makes him look bad when he goes out of his way to find deadener threads to post in as he's obviously biased. I will admit he's backed off a lot as his posts used to be an SS informercial...

Listen idiot,

Not only does he have a section here but he also goes and helps others that have questions about damp. This is the General Audio section and the guy had a general audio question. Jon has just as much right to post and help in ANY section of this form as anyone else. Just because he works for SS doesn't mean he is unable to help anyone else who doesn't have any questions about damp material. That's like saying that jacob from sundown is unable to help anyone that has a general question on amps or Rusty unable to help someone that has a question on subs.

The only person that is make themselves look bad is the person you see when you look in the mirror.

BTW, my suggestion to you would be to keep it moving and leave this topic alone.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

My only thing is...

Is the guy who thinks VS threads should be allowed for discussion, debate, and knowledge sharing actually saying someone in the industry should never post in a thread talking about a product in his profession?!?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

msmith, glad to have helped and I apologize for turning this thread into what it has become, that was not my intention.

Yes I found this thread but I found this thread literally MINUTES after it was posted but decided I would wait and let someone else answer his question just to avoid the very reason people are complaining, me being 'bias' to a certain product.

Well the next morning I saw that nobody had replied to his question for nearly 14 hours, so I thought I might as well pop in and give him some information.

I guess I'll remember to stay out of threads where I can provide accurate information and knowledge to those who ask for it. I assume this is a perk for being a vendor, being told where I can and can't post? :WTFBubble:

don't apologize! i found it informational and i didn't find anything wrong with the post but what do i know haha

msmith, glad to have helped and I apologize for turning this thread into what it has become, that was not my intention.

Yes I found this thread but I found this thread literally MINUTES after it was posted but decided I would wait and let someone else answer his question just to avoid the very reason people are complaining, me being 'bias' to a certain product.

Well the next morning I saw that nobody had replied to his question for nearly 14 hours, so I thought I might as well pop in and give him some information.

I guess I'll remember to stay out of threads where I can provide accurate information and knowledge to those who ask for it. I assume this is a perk for being a vendor, being told where I can and can't post? :WTFBubble:

Jon you know better. Don't worry about what that person had to say. They were warned, please feel free to send any free damp my way as I will return ninja box anytime you like

:rofl:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Yeah I know better... :D

I'll definitely keep you in mind when I get some more free damp.

Oh and I found my fine point sharpies, so the next ninja box will be even more decorated! ;)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

So...we go from one extreme to the other. Neither are good, the truth is many people like mlstrass think the way he does. And the truth is, there are many companies who suggest their own product simply because of sales, so I understand that.

BUT...the truth of this situation is that Jon is not one of those guys. He didnt even recommend his product, and almost never has. Even though he would have good reason to. Jon has the testing, experience, and knowledge that truly does give weight to his opinions.

I don't think attacking him will solve anything, because we only cement his opinion. I love SecondSkin, and have used Audio Technix. CH is an awesome guy :cheers:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Back on topic. I've used AT 60 and 80 and they are okay. I like the price, but ease of use... Ehhh not so much.

I would sit for a solid 10 mins trying to get the backing off of it so I could finally roll it on and it pissed me the fuck off. It took sooooo long.

Once you finally got it on it worked great. Also installed some SS next to it. IMO no comparison.

Only if SS was cheaper *hint hint* ;)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Gee imagine the SS rep telling you to buy something else, wonder what product that would be.

AT stuff works great, several guys on my team have used it...

Did I say Second Skin? No. I said look elsewhere because the quality of this product is not up to my personal or our company standards and I would NOT recommend it. Heck there isn't a single product that comes on a roll that I would recommend and for various reasons.

I am glad several guys on your team have used it and they are happy with the product... however I would like to ask what other brands or products have they used in the past? Typically the answer is Peel & Seal, FatMat, or no previous product.

If you want a list of products that I have tested/installed/used and would recommend, it's actually a short list.

- SDS Tiles

- Stinger RoadKill Expert

- Dynamat (the industry standard is still a good product)

- HushMat Ultra (a bit on the thin side, great for lightweight applications)

- DEI BoomMat

And of course our line of products...

Again, msmith I would suggest shopping around and comparing for yourself and even contact several of the companies to gain some insight into their products.

And thank you guys for seeing my unbiasedness, I try to be as transparent as possible.

IMO you would be better off just staying out of ANY threads that are not asking about SS specifically. While the lemmings on here will support you I find it in bad taste and it steers me away from your product.

With that said you seem to be a cool guy (I've read many of your non deadener related posts) and quite knowledgeable, but it screams "used car salesman" every time you jump into a thread and directly or indirectly push SS stuff. Again that's my opinion but I'm sure others see it that way also.

I've personally used: P&S, AT, SS tiles, and SDS tiles

You would do better not to tell someone where they can post. Jon gave an honest answer and gave his recommendation on what his thought was. Being that he actually works in the industry and has not just promoted his line but others as well makes him a person in which I would take advise from. You better be the one to watch it as the ninja sword is very sharp.

=@

Pretty sure he has a vendor section. If the OP had a question about SS he would have gone in there and asked. Same with looking for Jon's test results.

Again, IMO it makes him look bad when he goes out of his way to find deadener threads to post in as he's obviously biased. I will admit he's backed off a lot as his posts used to be an SS informercial...

Listen idiot,

Not only does he have a section here but he also goes and helps others that have questions about damp. This is the General Audio section and the guy had a general audio question. Jon has just as much right to post and help in ANY section of this form as anyone else. Just because he works for SS doesn't mean he is unable to help anyone else who doesn't have any questions about damp material. That's like saying that jacob from sundown is unable to help anyone that has a general question on amps or Rusty unable to help someone that has a question on subs.

The only person that is make themselves look bad is the person you see when you look in the mirror.

BTW, my suggestion to you would be to keep it moving and leave this topic alone.

Ok douche.......I was stating my opinion as a consumer and how it looks to ME when a vendor goes outside of his area and at times imposes himself/product on people.

Funny you mention jacob as he's guilty of doing the same thing, turns me away from his products also. Even though I have several SD amps.

Archived