Sonic Electronix

audio technix sound deadening

My only thing is...

Is the guy who thinks VS threads should be allowed for discussion, debate, and knowledge sharing actually saying someone in the industry should never post in a thread talking about a product in his profession?!?

My remarks about vs threads were just to point out the stupidity of that rule. But seeing how even mods have to resort to name calling I guess I see why they have to do it. Just don't see how people are supposed to learn when you can't compare stuff.

And I'll say it again: I have NO issues with Jon, if I met him I'd have a beer with him. Just that it comes off as "pushy" sometimes when a vendor of one product jumps into a thread about another product.

If you have a question about a DC sub do you really want Jacob/DJ/Jassa/Scott/Nick, ect.... to answer it.

Didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers, again pointing out how I as a consumer feel when I see it happen. Obviously Jon is very knowledgeable on the subject, it's what he does for a living. Although IMO the test still proved nothing since no place in a vehicle has a piece of free hanging sheetmetal, so hopefully he does another test as we all get a chance to learn.

My current ride has: P&S, SS, and SDS.....I keep an open mind to everything out there and figure out what works best for my situation

You know what, this has gone far off topic and is no longer about products but rather people's opinions about one another and/or companies.

The tests I have performed give the best possible circumstances for the products to perform. If they were installed on a curved surface, they (all products) would actually perform better since curved surfaces resonate much less than a flat panel.

Also this is as close as you can get to the standardized Oberst Bar SAE J1637/ASTM E-756 testing method while doing it on the fairly cheap (I have about $1500 worth of my own personal money in the equipment).

Yes I am a rep. Yes I would LOVE to sell you our product. But NO I am not going to shove it down your throat. You (as in the general public) have free will and all I am trying to do is provide as much accurate information possible so people can make an informed decision before purchasing.

Sound deadening is a science that can be difficult to understand and this is why I spend my days answering these questions, it can be confusing as hell, especially for people starting out.

If anyone feels that I am the least bit pushy, please let me know. That is not how I am nor am asked to be. Personally I hate it when people try to push their shit on me and that is not how I want to come off. I follow the Golden Rule as that is always been a proven method for business and customer service.

El1T3Bass, hint taken. :)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Ok douche......

Fear the ban hammer....lmao....

Back on topic. I've used AT 60 and 80 and they are okay. I like the price, but ease of use... Ehhh not so much.

I would sit for a solid 10 mins trying to get the backing off of it so I could finally roll it on and it pissed me the fuck off. It took sooooo long.

Once you finally got it on it worked great. Also installed some SS next to it. IMO no comparison.

Only if SS was cheaper *hint hint* ;)

You really had that much trouble? The backing always has come off super easy in 2 seconds for me. What do you mean exactly by 'no comparison'...?

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

IIRC, there was several runs that were sold that had problems with the backing. They had removed it and sold it as B-stock when they got new shipments in or something.

Correct. It was an issue with the butyl wanting to remain stuck to the paper release liner. Coleman quickly corrected the issue by switching to a plastic release liner instead.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Well looks like I got the shitty stuff lol. Maybe I'll try it again, I need some for my roof...

No comparison as in SS is thicker THROUGHOUT (AT is spotty, some parts have nothing on them ftl), looks better, installs better, sticks better, DAMPENS better, and I could go on but I'll leave that to the pros ;)

The only thing that keeps me from putting this in my whole car is that it would cost more than my system. And my system isn't cheap lol

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

IIRC, there was several runs that were sold that had problems with the backing. They had removed it and sold it as B-stock when they got new shipments in or something.

Correct. It was an issue with the butyl wanting to remain stuck to the paper release liner. Coleman quickly corrected the issue by switching to a plastic release liner instead.

It actually had nothing to do with the butyl. It had to do with the wrong wax paper being used. Our manufacture finally admitted they made a mistake.

I do have acoustic test results on Audio Technix 60 mil and Second Skin Regular damp. Both preform almost exactly the same.

New Audio Technix 60 mil coming out next month. Beat the old Audio Technix on 26 of the 30 points and tested it at 400 degrees for 4 hours. No signs of failure. Price will be around $60 for 25 sq ft.

Over roughly 80degrees the butyl stuck to the waxed paper... that was an issue in the summer of 2011 and has been resolved since.

Since SS has no 60mil to compare I'm basing my experience with Damp Pro, and I'd still rather use 60mil for price/sqft. I do not follow the SDS ideology of applying only to center of panels, I use 90-100% coverage because it sounds better to me and that's what matters. Regular 40mil Damplifier is more expensive than 60mil AT and it is not that much different aside from even adhesive distribution because its shipped in sheets.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Well looks like I got the shitty stuff lol. Maybe I'll try it again, I need some for my roof...

No comparison as in SS is thicker THROUGHOUT (AT is spotty, some parts have nothing on them ftl), looks better, installs better, sticks better, DAMPENS better, and I could go on but I'll leave that to the pros ;)

The only thing that keeps me from putting this in my whole car is that it would cost more than my system. And my system isn't cheap lol

Hasn't been spotty in over half a year.

photo-21.jpg there is a picture of 7 or so sq ft

Archived