Second Skin Audio

Is a 13jlw6 a good buy if i want to have great SPL and better SQ?

13DevanteW6

Lol well the subs are 800 for me not 1400, and if i went with multiple 2-3 thousand watt subs, then i gotta get the amps to support them. thats not in my price range haha.. this is gonna be my first decent system.. ill go more spl eventually. but right now.. i just wanna hit the hardest in my school district and sound good as well.

you don't HAVE to get an amp to power them to their full potential.

if you're not going to listen to what we're saying about getting better subs, why the hell would you ask in the first place?

Lol well the subs are 800 for me not 1400, and if i went with multiple 2-3 thousand watt subs, then i gotta get the amps to support them. thats not in my price range haha.. this is gonna be my first decent system.. ill go more spl eventually. but right now.. i just wanna hit the hardest in my school district and sound good as well.

you don't HAVE to get an amp to power them to their full potential.

if you're not going to listen to what we're saying about getting better subs, why the hell would you ask in the first place?

I am listening. and "taking notes" if u will but i dont have a choice in my system path atm. The advice you guys are giving is very helpful but that will be for future systems. My main concern in asking this question was to see if my system was going to be good. For a 17 year old who doesnt know much and doesnt go to competitions. I just want a good sounding system that hits hard enough to where i can say i am the loudest in my school district. All i want. But thanks a lot for all the info.. even the negatives help me out

Otherwise, you baught all the item´s, have them at home and than you want to ask us can i till start in the top-notch group of caraudiofreaks and SMD members.

And you get the answer why you spend such much for this crude combination AP and JL :rofl: .

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I saved $500 by switching my car insurance to geico

:2girls:

^

why is this one of the emotes

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

lol ninja'd by an alienware. But if you ever have the chance to hear one at a show or shop, do it. Sounds wonderful when properly setup.

so do 90% of the other woofers on the market if its "properly" set up.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I'm buying 2 jl 13w6's and 2 audiopipe 1800 watt amps (750 at 4 ohms). i was wondering if this buy is gonna be loud and sound good for the price. Thank you for all helpful replies.

I'm running 2 13w6's in my 1997 expedition I'm only running a rf t1000 at one ohm and honestly I can watch my rear doors do the wave a feel my windshield flexing...not a whole lot at windshield but it's noticeable when you can see your front wipers bouncing. There good subs and for the money there well worth it imo...I also would stick around 1000 watts max to them cuz they really can't take much more (voice of experience) I tried a 1500 watt amp on them and had to have reconed so I went to my 1000 watt rf to them and never been happier. Good for the money and good sq

you can get a good system for less than SQ cost lol.

avoiding prefab is more important than the products you choose imo

but i'm just a box nerd lol so don't take it from me, ask some other seasoned members

out of curiosity, how much are the dub sixes selling for?

They are 700 each im getting them for 450 each

700 each..LOL

http://www.sonicelec...-13W6V2-D4.html

haha

Archived