Sonic Electronix

Kicker, like any other subs, will do what you tell them to do. They may not be the best, but they are not the wost either. Mid grade all the way.

My three Kicker 12's sounded really clean in the last box I built. I was happy, for a min.

IMO they are perfect subs for beginners, it seems like they will handle some misuse and clipping, which almost all of them see, since so many beginners use them.

But most people only hear them in a shitty prefab box, when they don't sound good at all.

And the bad part is, those are usually the ones who think they are loud.

I feel like those two things have helped ruin Kickers reputation. That and the fact that they gave up on the competition scene... Stupid move IMO!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

/rant

Dislike kicker due to the high pricing on them and mechanic failures. Would never buy any of their subs.

A buddy of mine a few years back went to one of the kicker comps in his bronco..won and sold the l2 solo because he didn't want it. His exact words were "Kickers suck" =S

Their wire kits/amplifiers are fine products imo.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Kicker is cheap(if you go to amazon, or at least don't pay msrp), and alright when it comes to the subs, but I wouldn't go pass the CVR, cause I know there's better subs than the CVX/L7 for the same price, but in the $60 to $80 range, the CVR is better than any other subwoofers mostly, because there's really only Pioneer, Infinity, RF, Kenwood, JVC, etc. The good brands like Skarr, Sundown, DC Audio, DAD, etc start in the $100 area unless it's they're really cheap line that's only 250-300 watts rms and are like $99.

To me Kicker subs are just kids subs, something for a beginner good to start out with since it can take stupid mistakes(too much bass boost, bad box, too much gain), and it'll make decent sound. It's not the best sub in the world, but it'll create decently loud bass with decent sq to any average person.

I look at my CVR, and I find it alright, sure I complain that it needs a better box(which it does, nothing wrong with that), it can't take all that much power, and it's picky when it comes to ported. Of course I would want a better brand to chose from when I want to upgrade, like Sundown, Skarr, DC Audio, DAD, etc but at the mean time, I can't afford those yet, so I'm gonna try to make the best of what I have, even though I ain't gonna be the loudest, nor the best sounding, but do the best I can with it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Im a fan of the Kicker components. Theyre loud, priced well and sound pretty good. But other then that not much. I have a buddy with two L7's and they sounds sloppy. Granted the prefab, but mainly the woofer. Im sure the day will come when I hear a nice kicker set up but until then Im not a huge fan.

Maybe just a rumor...but I heard kicker was going to be sold in Walmart sometime soon?

i saw a pair of cvrs in a super walmart before so they might be getting them at the ordinary wally world sometime but who knows

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

I used to have two cvr 12s in a vented rockford prefab on an old alpine 500 that did way better that the sony 1000 and I thought I was doin good. Then a buddy of mine introduced me to Atomic, and I havent looked back. When or if I ever have to recone ill be doing a PSI recone. Better parts for more power handling and upgrade from my 1600.1 to a 3500 or something.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Archived