Watch the bass Posted February 23, 2012 Report Posted February 23, 2012 Final coat dried and turned out pretty good. The one on the right was my first test piece. Get an idea to your beautiful work, add some gold or silver leaf on the DC and resin it in http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gold-Leaf-Palladium-Leaf-Silver-Leaf-and-Sable-Brushes-/110826833329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cdcb45b1 "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
CJ18 Posted February 23, 2012 Author Report Posted February 23, 2012 I kind of like the look of the cf showing through the raised letters. I could add some paint to it to outline the lettering maybe.
727Designs Posted February 23, 2012 Report Posted February 23, 2012 Nice flip flops, I have the same ones. LOL Dustcaps look badass, I definitely understand needing something to stay busy. I used to work out of town 18 days at a time, hotel rooms get old. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
KickerKid58 Posted February 23, 2012 Report Posted February 23, 2012 did you just use a standard cap and lay the cloth and resin over it? or is it a mold? if you did it the first way^^ im supprised the cloth came out so well around the logo. Looks pretty shmexxy edit: and i vote yes on the paint outline of the lettering. make it pop a lil bit more 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 DC Level4 12" Soundstream TA1.3000d 4 RF Punch 6.5" Components 2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways RF Prime 400.4D XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build
CJ18 Posted February 23, 2012 Author Report Posted February 23, 2012 did you just use a standard cap and lay the cloth and resin over it? or is it a mold? if you did it the first way^^ im supprised the cloth came out so well around the logo. Looks pretty shmexxy edit: and i vote yes on the paint outline of the lettering. make it pop a lil bit more Using a mold. These are full cf and not just 1 layer of cf layed over the standard plastic caps. The process is a pain in the ass and very time consuming, but the final product is very nice.
Watch the bass Posted February 23, 2012 Report Posted February 23, 2012 I kind of like the look of the cf showing through the raised letters. I could add some paint to it to outline the lettering maybe. Play with it, gold- and silver-leaf isnt that expensive, what surly look good as well is to do goldflakes on the red one. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
KillaCam Posted February 23, 2012 Report Posted February 23, 2012 Looks better without the paint imo what if you put the paint on after the first coat of resin and then continued coating it a few times? Would that mess up the paint? I think it might look good underneath so its all glossy. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
CJ18 Posted February 23, 2012 Author Report Posted February 23, 2012 I agree. I just wanted to see what it looked like. I am making a second one now that I will compare.
mw02civic Posted February 24, 2012 Report Posted February 24, 2012 Man great work! Those look awesome!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.