Running syetem just off Batterys?

I am currently building my system, I have 4 12inch subs and a saz 2500d. I cant get a H.O Alternator for my car so i was wondering if i can just put in like 4 big batterys. How long would 4 last at moderate volume before the voltage dropped too much. BTW my dad runs a battery buisness so sourcing batterys and chargers is no problem but i want at least a coulple hours worth, Or at least so i can charge them every couple of days is it possible?? I plan to run my 4 channel off my car electrical, So just the Saz 2500d would be on the 4 batterys.

Thanks In Advance

Daniel.

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

there are several wiring options that you can choose to have extra batteries charging. ive seen it done. but i would NOT recommend you just playing the system without the batts charging. even if you do, i woldnt recommend going days without charging.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

you mean batteries well a good ALT would do you more good too and a voltage meter

Edited by KHRISS

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

My Theory Is to have enough batterys to last long enough for me to go out for a bit and then charge when i get home. I could make a rule to not let the batterys drop below 12v, I wont have it full all he time just for short periods when i am showing other people so i am wondering if it is completely frowned apon. And also i mean that the 4 batts will be completely seprate so not connected to the cars electrical system just in the rear with all the rest of the system.

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

My Theory Is to have enough batterys to last long enough for me to go out for a bit and then charge when i get home. I could make a rule to not let the batterys drop below 12v, I wont have it full all he time just for short periods when i am showing other people so i am wondering if it is completely frowned apon. And also i mean that the 4 batts will be completely seprate so not connected to the cars electrical system just in the rear with all the rest of the system.

pretty much as soon as you hit full tilt, within a few seconds you have to turn it down/off if your amp doesnt go into protect first or die.

batteries rest at 12.Xish.. so this is probably a bad idea

Edited by Sheena

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

your stock alternator can effectively keep a battery bank charged.

HOWEVER it would take longer to charge. AND since it takes longer to charge, your alternator works at 100% for longer.

Want more reserve? add more batteries. Go longer between bumps. Charge at home to help out. WATCH YOUR VOLTAGE.

Have fun!

edit: stalk? STOCK

Edited by Sanitarium

can you take a video of you doing this i would love yo watch you fry your amp, subs and batts all at the same time. That would make my day watching that.

Make sure you have a volt meter next to you so i can see how low it actually gets before something starts smoking.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

can you take a video of you doing this i would love yo watch you fry your amp, subs and batts all at the same time. That would make my day watching that. Make sure you have a volt meter next to you so i can see how low it actually gets before something starts smoking.

Explain? Instead of making a remark as such, try explaining to him why. Oh wait, you were born an expert. lol :pardon::P

I'd like to see why him doing this is any different than a number of people out there doing the same. As long as the thing isn't abused and is recharged properly, the only thing to go will be the stock alt from working harder longer to try to maintain a proper charge on all the batteries. Playing full tilt for a long period of time would be bad, which in case poof. Therefor, a vid is necessary. :ehh:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

can you take a video of you doing this i would love yo watch you fry your amp, subs and batts all at the same time. That would make my day watching that. Make sure you have a volt meter next to you so i can see how low it actually gets before something starts smoking.

Explain? Instead of making a remark as such, try explaining to him why. Oh wait, you were born an expert. lol :pardon::P

I'd like to see why him doing this is any different than a number of people out there doing the same. As long as the thing isn't abused and is recharged properly, the only thing to go will be the stock alt from working harder longer to try to maintain a proper charge on all the batteries. Playing full tilt for a long period of time would be bad, which in case poof. Therefor, a vid is necessary. :ehh:

I might not have been born a expert i sure wasnt born a dumb ass so i know better than to ever do such a thing.

Anyone who thinks you can run a system just off batteries alone for a daily application is retarded. It doesnt take much common sense to realize that you when you beat your voltage drops and to recharge what you discharged you are going to need a contest charging source to get your voltage back where it needs to be. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Edited by 9515ROB

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF