Reminder: Alts are not perfect. Charge up your bats!

Is there a recommended charging time or a voltage I should reach with my batteries? Or should I just provide a charge until indicators tell me they are full? I have a very complicated battery charger where I can go fast or slow and set the amount of time for the charge (and desired output voltage I believe).

I would set it to charge at 14.4v slow until they are 100% charged. Can you control the float charge after they are fully charged? Float charge around 13.6v slow. Most of the chargers mentioned here have processors that automatically do all this. Sound like you really have to keep an eye on things rather than set it and walk away.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

So im lookin into the ctek one and dont wich one to get a have d3400 and stock under the hood and 2 xp3000 in the back. Sould I get the one that charges at 2a or the 7a one? Or a different one? Look to say at around $100

031912143614.jpg

It's charging at 14.7 Volts.

Isn't it recommended to charge at 14.4V max for longer battery life?

Also, with that specific Charger, do you have to disconnect it from the car to charge or can you charge it with all the other crap hooked up?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I had it charging both my optima and this, both installed in the car. It was in absorption mode at this point. I know most who have XS will tell you 14.4 is best but you'll be ok as long as you don't go over 14.9 IIRC. After absorption mode, it floated down to 13.2 and has been sitting there since yesterday.

Archived