tuning while car is off ?

Just wanted to know if it is ok to use the dd-1 while the car is off, snowing hard today and want the garage (not heated) shut so obviously can't have car running. i assume i can with the cc-1 but what about dd-1 ? what if i have it on a charger ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I was just thinking about this the other day. If you were to tune with the car off, your voltage is lower, so if you had drop when playing with car running, then you shouldn't clip at all even with drop right? just how my mind works I guess, makes sense to me. I would assume if you had NO drop, then you would want to tune at 14.x so that you could get the most power out of the amp as possible.

Edited by Lbox88

so if my battery charger will charge at 14.5 i can do tune it while on the charger ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

Well you could... but think of it like this, you don't listen to your system with the car off do you? It would be more precise if the car was on.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I did i was really just curious if you could, for someone with 4 or more amps it could take awhile.

Tune with the car off. The difference is less than 1dB of gain overlap and has already been factored in because the amplifier is unloaded when the speakers are disconnected.

BOOM! thank you tony. i have tuned with my oscope since day one with the cars off. i have always figured its such a short time in the life of a battery(s) its not going to make it that much different.

NEUMAN