Sonic Electronix

So i am not understanding the db in refrence to the 0 -5 -10 db tracks on the dd-1 tunig disc. What db is a song at? Why would i want -5 over 0 whats the advantage? Wouldnt that just cause clipping sooner? How would i know its clipping during a song with out my AQ remote.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

you are really making this alot harder than it is. find the posts by decaf and read them all. and while you're at it pull the led out of your audioque knob. trust your tools. if you dont they are worthless. if you dd-1ed your amps trust it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Songs aren't a certain dB, you can set it to -5 and be good on a huge majority of music, set it at 0db if you're paranoid, but most music is recorded quiet enough with -5 it will be more than fine. And the advantage of -5 over 0 is...you'll be louder, yo!

Sooooo many threads on all of this, mane.

What you could do is play each 40hz tone at a low ( but same ) volume. Then you may he able to understand that -15 is recorded lower then the -5 tone, so you would have more gain. But if the music that is played is recorded at -5 and you tune with-15, then it could cause harm to your system. I don't believe there is a way to tell what music is recorded at, but listen to decaf or you could just read the manual that came with the dd1 and you would have not problem. tuning at 0db would result in the least amount of gain, and would be the safest of them all. But, I would not tune there. Minimum would be at -5.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

If you read decafs post, even in audacity it is showing 0 db doesn't mean the sub or mids see . They get partial, tweeters getting the least

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

because when setting amp with 50hz tone sine wave does not change. however when paying music it goes up and down a lot to the point where it can exceed it limit (clip) if set with 0db track.

This seems a bit misleading, 0dB will be safer to tune at than -5 or -10.

Keep in mind your subs are not mids/highs.

If you set your woofers with a 0db wave you will notice it is quiet as shit!! Your woofers can put up with more abuse than mids and highs and the distortion will not be audible it will be louder! You are compensating for this when setting with a negative track. Now, a square wave is a square wave regardless so there is a "grey area". The general rule of thumb is exactly what you said, the bigger the number the more possible distortion you risk while at fill tilt. I set at -10 using an Oscope so I can watch the wave then test on several test tracks to get a good gauge at where I stand. Beyond that, every song is different use your instincts to determine how much is enough.

-Drew

I did this video to show a good solid flat wave while tuning with a -10db tone

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew