Sonic Electronix

The way I look at it is 18" are good for demos, shows and high TL numbers. Also good for hair tricks and air movement.

10's are good for bass your car is missing.

The reason shops offer 10's and 12's is simply because most people who come there are looking for extra bass their car is missing. 95% of them won't attend shows or try to blow their windshield out.

Personally, if I had a chance I would run 18's :)

No, no, and no. But one of the biggest reasons shops do not sell a plethora of 18"s is because of supply and demand. Same reason why they don't carry a lot of 8"s. 15"s are more than big enough for the average consumer with daily needs hardly ever needing the massive cone area we bassheads need and desire.

You just said "no,no and no" and paraphrased what I said. :Doh:

Also, most of the "big spenders" that come to shops are middle aged people who are looking for a very clean sound with nice deep base in their luxury cars. This is were 8/10/12 come in.

Also, most of the "big spenders" that come to shops are middle aged people who are looking for a very clean sound with nice deep base in their luxury cars. This is were 8/10/12 come in.

Middle aged people with credit cards and no research into what's really out there.

Middle aged people with credit cards and no research into what's really out there.

exactly. That's how shops stay opened.

I mean, It's not even just the 18's I hear shit about. The one shop here I was talking about sells 10's 12's 15's and even has a 32 inch "woofer" hanging from the ceiling collecting dust. and yet they still tell you that even though they sell all these sizes, 10's are the best you can have and are better than any other size....not to mention their JL's ..... facepalm. Even if you walk in and walk over to another brand of woofers in THEIR shop they say Yeah thier alright but THESE, "slowly moving towards the JL's|" are the best!!. Yeah they are nice but 1000 dollars for a 13?? is a bit mch in my opinion. lol

The way I look at it is 18" are good for demos, shows and high TL numbers. Also good for hair tricks and air movement.

10's are good for bass your car is missing.

The reason shops offer 10's and 12's is simply because most people who come there are looking for extra bass their car is missing. 95% of them won't attend shows or try to blow their windshield out.

Personally, if I had a chance I would run 18's :)

No, no, and no. But one of the biggest reasons shops do not sell a plethora of 18"s is because of supply and demand. Same reason why they don't carry a lot of 8"s. 15"s are more than big enough for the average consumer with daily needs hardly ever needing the massive cone area we bassheads need and desire.

If you think my post in anyway paraphrased yours, you need to relearn reading and comprehension. Seriously. As a shop owner, I can tell you the only middle aged people I get are here for autostarts. Do you own a shop? Work in one? Have any idea of what you're talking about?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you DID paraphrase him lmao. you basically said theres no market for 8's and 18's because people just want a little bass. hence the 10, 12, and 15's. hence supply and demand for the average stereo joe schmo

Because he thinks 18"s are for demos, hairtricks, and TL numbers. 10"s are for missing bass. The supply and demand is the only same thing I will admit, but his reasoning is almost idiotic. Because only 18''s do hairtricks, and 10"s don't get good scores.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I haven't seen any 18's in SQ builds yet.

Probably because they arent looking for a substantial amount of output.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Archived