I use his knowledge/advise and uses me for manual labor on his Polo ..sound deadening and Wiring
Good stuff.I see you got Brett helping you out over there.

Well I'm sure when he gets here to Italy I will be getting those calls that your getting right now LoL!!!

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

been here since Aug..I'm not at all set on my current set up..it's fluid

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

I always have ideas in my head when I see something, I was thinking subs up port back, but go with 6inch aeros then we could toy with the box placement to get the most out of it. I learned alot in my explorer doing this so I know it works. Also if we did that with your box we could do like you have now and run the batts across the front of the box, switch to some bar stock in case the batts and mount the amps right over top of them with some all thread and clean it up a bit. Honestly I could go on for days with ideas, but I guess its going to depend on what supplies we can get on the island and what we would have to order or have sent to us really.

Subs up port back was the original plan but I like to look at my XL's..lol Anyhow, probably going to wall it off and add some mids. Shipping to over here really isn't that bad as long as you have them ship priority.. parcel can take months. Also would really like to go all Skar Audio with my build but wasn't having any luck getting rid of the XL's.. If I find a buyer I'll most likely go with 4 12's or 15's. I love building boxes so who knows and the woodshop on Kadena is really nice. 1.50 an hour and everything you need is right there.

I always have ideas in my head when I see something, I was thinking subs up port back, but go with 6inch aeros then we could toy with the box placement to get the most out of it. I learned alot in my explorer doing this so I know it works. Also if we did that with your box we could do like you have now and run the batts across the front of the box, switch to some bar stock in case the batts and mount the amps right over top of them with some all thread and clean it up a bit. Honestly I could go on for days with ideas, but I guess its going to depend on what supplies we can get on the island and what we would have to order or have sent to us really.

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

I didnt know you were wanting a wall. Some people swear by them, some dont its really up to the person I think. If you have the knowledge base to build a good wall I could see the potential. Im not bias by no means and I like you am always down to build something. Surely you can find a buyer on here in the for sale section for those XL 18s! Looks like I will be bringing a fair amount of stuff since bret gave me the heads up! Do they by chance have material to make buss bars there? Aero port material? In the wood shop what all do they have? Routers, table saws, etc? What selection of wood do they have? Sounds like I have a ton to have relief over though thats for sure!

The shop has anything you could ever need to build a box minus screws and glue and such..Gotta goto the"monkey store" for that ish. I'm pretty stuck on birch but they have like 6 different kinds of plywood I believe. Buss bars prob not and aero's id just order online if it were me. I'm kinda torn on the 18's though as much as I want like 4 12's.. The XL's are sounding f n amazing with the comps on the 100.4 to complement. I'm not really about the competition aspect at this point, I just love music and enjoy tinkering.. So it's whatever.. Got a shop pack of Damplifier Pro.. so I'll be busy for sure soon.

I didnt know you were wanting a wall. Some people swear by them, some dont its really up to the person I think. If you have the knowledge base to build a good wall I could see the potential. Im not bias by no means and I like you am always down to build something. Surely you can find a buyer on here in the for sale section for those XL 18s! Looks like I will be bringing a fair amount of stuff since bret gave me the heads up! Do they by chance have material to make buss bars there? Aero port material? In the wood shop what all do they have? Routers, table saws, etc? What selection of wood do they have? Sounds like I have a ton to have relief over though thats for sure!

sig-1.jpg

I'm a slave driver... Lol but I pay in beer and food

I'll take some cheddar brats off the grille LoL!!! Stan you could have sold those XL's easily here. Don't know what you were asking for them but shoot me a PM with a price and I can let some people know.Plus shipping is free to APO!!!

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Well 2-18s is more cone area so I dont really see much gain with the 4-12s. You would have more motor force and coils to counter heat, but I think you would be hard up to on 4-12s now if you were talking 6-12s I could see that. If you like looking at your 18s so much, we could do subs forward ports back, that has been proven in a crx and explorer that I know of first hand, so I would imagine it should work in yours as well.