wait till the full line of 1.5k woofers drops.. big things to come :morepower1:

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this box.

Considering its size, it is pretty much a wall.

It goes litterally the size of the cargo opening with woofers fwd like a wall, but is not sealed off and there is a big port on the back? I fail to see how this is practical at all. The newer draft looks like a step in the right direction but you'll be losing the majority of your sound. Why not take that original box size, shoot the port forward and seal it up tight? I would think that will out perform any of the displayed box alignments. I'm not hating on the build, just trying to get a glimpse at why it is set up the way it is.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

just trying diffent things and seeing what sounds good. The first box put up pretty descent numbers plus sounded great. If the new setup don't work for me I'm walling it off. No offence taken just trying different things to see what sounds best in my car. :good:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this box.

Considering its size, it is pretty much a wall.

It goes litterally the size of the cargo opening with woofers fwd like a wall, but is not sealed off and there is a big port on the back? I fail to see how this is practical at all. The newer draft looks like a step in the right direction but you'll be losing the majority of your sound. Why not take that original box size, shoot the port forward and seal it up tight? I would think that will out perform any of the displayed box alignments. I'm not hating on the build, just trying to get a glimpse at why it is set up the way it is.

-Drew

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

• 2 weeks later...