I have been out of work for so long with my leg being all fucked up, and the doctors seem to think I wont be able to go back to doing the same kind of work I was. So, I have been trying to think of ways that I can go into business for myself. Really the only things I'm good at, and have done for a living...is being a mechanic and being a machinist. I was a tattoo artist for several years, but the shaky hand put an end to that.

So, here is what I'm thinking....I can convert my vertical mill to CNC and start a small machine shop out of my garage. I know there is a pretty good marked in the audio community for machine work on buss bars, terminals, etc.....but, with CNC controls and a 4th axis there really isn't much I cant do.

I know Toolmaker has CACO on lock with his work....and he does do very nice precision work, but he doesn't really have a presence here on SMD as a "partner". Is this something people here would be interested in? I'm not sure what the cost of being a SMD partner is, but if there is enough demand to turn a profit while keeping fair and competitive prices it is definitely something I am interested in giving some serious thought to. Plus there is always ebay...LOL.

Would you guys be interested in this?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I say, go for it! Make multiples of different styles, configurations, etc. Showcase your work, and see where it goes.

Go to any steel/aluminum jobber, and go through the scrap bin, you can normally get good stuff for cheap!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

What all do you think you could make? You could make some good money making some custom things like TM

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

My skill set is pretty broad. I'm proficient in Mach 3, Mastercam, Bob Cad/Cam, and Solid Works. I remember most of the G&M codes, but with the newer software it's all mouse clicks so that's irrelevant. i can program and operate Mills, lathes, and router tables. Have had hands on experience with Mori Seiki and manual lathes. Fadal, Jet, and Tree vertical mills, both CNC and manual. And Multi Cam CNC router tables. The most interesting thing I have done is when I worked at Ultra Poly, I made some prototype bindings for K2, and I made an aluminum test mold for the McDonalds McGridle sandwich. And we had the contract for the Gator Decking on the Navy ships, so I did a lot of tight tolerance programming. Oh and all the little pink rollers you see at the car washes like Brown Bear, that's my lathe work...simple but still cool to see.

So yea, you guys who know me know I don't like to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good at it. Would be several month before I can do the conversion on my mill, and then I'll do some stuff up for some of the well known and respected members to test and provide feedback on. This is all just in the "idea" stage right now, i wanna see how well the idea is received before I make any concrete decisions.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Just come up with something that can be made cheap, easy, and everybody wants one! haha

But yeah, show us what you can do!

Cheap and high quality don't normally go hand in hand....but I'm definitely a fair person.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500