Second Skin Audio

Can Someone Build me a box?

Hi everyone,

I have 2 Kicker L5 15s that I would like to have a new box built for, because the prefab Atrend box that I have is tuned to high for my taste(42hz)and I have no clue on how to tune an enclosure. I'm looking for an enclosure that is tuned to 32hz or below and is 42" wide x 23" deep. The height really doesn't matter. I'm looking for something $250 or less if possible, because i'm on a very tight budget. Can someone please help me? I live in a 39743 zip code for shipping purposes.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

Try and find someone close to you, shipping would be outrageous. What I would recommend would be build it yourself, there are plenty of guys on here that can help you with the specs on it for little to no charge and if your in to audio building your own box will give you a ton of pride when your beating down the block.

Can anyone help me with a design?

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

Ok Here is a preliminar suggestion 2 x L5 15" within your dims, port up/sub up, can be updated later when you specify type of vehicle:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32.081 Hz

Vb = 9 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 24.25 in

External Width = 42 in

External Depth = 23 in

Port Width = 6 1/4 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 42 x 23

Left & Right Sides = 21 1/2 x 22

Front & Back = 42 x 22

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 15 3/4 x 21 1/2

Extension = 2 1/4 x 21 1/2

if you got a design i could cut all the pieces and send to you and all you would have to do is assemble them and shipping wouldnt be too much

pm me if interested

Edited by IanJohnson

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

where are you located? plenty of people here would do it

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

I think CVX lives by you. he makes and designs boxes as well as I do..but I ain't shipping out boxes anymore...like listed above...shipping is very expensive. I can be dead wrong as well.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

where are you located? plenty of people here would do it

I'm located in North MIssissippi in the Starkville(39743)area.