Second Skin Audio

Can I get an aero box tutorial? Lol

:Doh: fail Joe X

x2

He didn't ask for another slot port design.

OP, Lbox 88's design looks like it checks out. just use PVC tube and some elbows for the bend.

facing the sub upward is usually a bad idea in trunks. either facing toward the back of the car or into the cabin is generally best.

as for placement, that's kind of up to your discretion, but it's usually best to cluster them in one general area.

feel free to PM me with any questions, big or small. i've done a few hundred designs, so i know a thing or two :)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

The droid app is called box tuning calculator, (BTC). It's really close to Torres' except it doesnt have a couple things, like "length of external port" and a couple other things I can't think of now, but it's good for people like me racking their brain to get the right specs.

How do my specs look?!?!

I was thinking of using a coupler as a flare so I can slide it off and put on another coupler with a longer port for lower hertz for daily driving. I couple people said it should work, I should patent this idea, lol.

I will be running a 15'' SMD D1 on a SAZ3500D @ .5 ohms... What do you think about the specs?!?!

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

while technically 8 inches per cube is enough for an aero is enough a sub of that caliber on that much power i would shoot for more port area.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Joe, how do you take in effect the Xmax for box tuning?

Xmax determines along with the cone surface area the volume of air that the subwoofer can displace, So a 54mm Xmax sub will move much more air through the port or ports than a 18mm Xmax sub of the same diamter.

Being able to reach near Xmax excursion means loudness.

About 9 square inches per cube of port area may be enough for a cheap 15" but not for this one. I would recommend calling RE and asking for a proper figure on port area.

Well, I have decided that this aero stuff is beyond what I want to get into for now, I think im just going to stick with a slot port for now and since I have a little more knowledge on port area per foot I am going to redesign a box and make a new post. I appreciate the help everyone and maybe when I feel its necessary to move to bigger and better things i'll do aero :D

Archived