New HU, need recommendations

i just bought a pioneer deh-8400 and i love it!

i tested it with the dd-1 and i can turn it all the way up to full volume without distortion

Kenwood eXcelons can be cranked to full volume with no clip as well...

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

my pioneers AUX took a shit awile ago, only plays one side, the usb is loose now too, im in on this one, i need a new h/u also lol

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i just bought a pioneer deh-8400 and i love it!

i tested it with the dd-1 and i can turn it all the way up to full volume without distortion

Kenwood eXcelons can be cranked to full volume with no clip as well...

just speaking on what i know lol

(Headunit) Pioneer DEH-P3100UB

(Speakers) Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs

(4 Channel) Alpine MRP-F300

(Subs) 2 15" Audioque SDC2.5

(Box) 7.27 cubic feet tuned to 31 Hz

(Mono Amplifier) Elemental Designs Nine.1

(Wiring) 1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

(Batteries) 2 C&D Tech 75 a/h

i have the excelon x494 it goes to 33/35 without distortion checked it with the DD-1. i like it because with my ipod its really easy to navigate playlists and everything. whenever i get a new HU i think ill stick to the excelons

Eclipse still makes a HU but it's junk. They have a double din ive seen, but nothing like their stuff used to be. The Kenwood is a great option, and you might as well pull the trigger on it. Pioneer and their PICO fuse issues have always turned me off. The fact that you have to trick your RCAs as soon as you pull the deck out of its new box, doesn't give me confidence to buy one.

What do you mean by you need to trick your RCA's? Because I was recently having a issue after I switched my Pioneer H/U's. Never had a problem with my old one, but my new one sounds like it took my sub and just shat on it. They are both 4v pre-outs and have almost exact same specs as far as power and stuff but it sounds like my sub disappeared unless loudness is on and the sub option is +6 lol

Edited by IKnowImLost224

Yeah, I'm gonna get the Execelon, I have not heard anything bad about them yet.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Yeah, I'm gonna get the Execelon, I have not heard anything bad about them yet.

I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. I'm picky as shit, and they've had my vote for best quality and most user friendly HUs forever now. I've never found an eXcelon deck I didn't love.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.