XS Power

I am getting a 200 HO alt and i want to be running a solid 1500-2000 watts rms with no voltage drop for now.

Instead of buying lets say the D3100 which is big and heavy, can i buy the multiple of the smaller D680.

I may upgrade in the future to run 4k but thats later. When i upgrade can i just add more of the D680?

Or should i just save and get the D3100?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

^ X2 The more batteries you buy, the more wire, lugs/hardware you would need also. Just stuff a 3100 up front! haha http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/hollowstylez/67%20Riviera/D3100.jpg

Edited by Hollowstylez

Ok but do you think i could get away with the alt and single 680 for now? the 680 weighs like 15 pounds whereas the 3100 is like 77

I do have a big battery under the hood that replaced my stock one...

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

More smaller batteries will produce more instantaneous power than one bigger battery. Hooking them together optimizes the internal pressure and allows the battery to discharge faster on a burp or when the bass hits. As said above there is added cost in buying more smaller batteries though.

The 925 or 975 woudl work, or if you can spend a little more the group buy price on an XP2000 would be hard to beat. A lot more capacity with the XP2000 since it weighs 55lbs.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

what is your concern with weight?

The Hyundia only has like 100hp.

Really though, a 975 should get you by for now. What do you have under the hood?

Exactly thanks! Under the hood i have a regular battery, i forgot the brand but its the biggest i can fit. Almost couldnt close the hood lol

oh, my car has about that much, lol. carries my fat ass around pretty well though.

Haha yeah me too, but although i know you can never have enough, i just want to know what the minimum is so i can maybe go 1 step ahead not 5 haha

More smaller batteries will produce more instantaneous power than one bigger battery. Hooking them together optimizes the internal pressure and allows the battery to discharge faster on a burp or when the bass hits. As said above there is added cost in buying more smaller batteries though.

The 925 or 975 woudl work, or if you can spend a little more the group buy price on an XP2000 would be hard to beat. A lot more capacity with the XP2000 since it weighs 55lbs.

Alright awesome thanks! i'll look into that!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg