What crazy claims have you heard people make?

Some mid 30 year old dude across the street said he has a dB meter @ work and his truck hits 180 dBs.

He has 2 10s in like a 1cuft sealed box.

They're kenwoods... Or pioneers, idk.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

My nephew sais he can do a 156 with two 13w7's. I don't remember what he had for power, But I told him that seemed high. I know he had a prefab box. I told him it seemed a bit high. Maybe it's possible, i don't know.

edit

spelling

My nephew sais he can do a 156 with to 13w7's. I don't remember what he had for power, But I told him that seemed high. I know he had a prefab box. I told him it seemed a bit high. Maybe it's possible, i don't know.

not for him.

so no.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

my uncle said back in highschool (mid-late 90s) his hoopty had 6 12 jls in a sealed box and it would shake every window at the school. i asked if he ever broke a windshield, his response was, "yah man, i broke so many windshields i couldn't count, i also got a 3 day suspension for destruction of school property when i turned it up to loud and broke the window next to the principles office." so then i proceeded to ask him if he ever heard of todays "named" brands that are "unknown", he said, "no, they must be garbage if it takes more than 1 of them in a ported box to break a windshield. you should definitely spend the extra money and buy jl, you'll get the most bang for the buck." and it doesn't end here lol. I went to work with him one day and was on here (reppin smd at a roofing company :o ) and one of his employees was peeping over my shoulder, so i pulled up someones build and he gasped, i looked at him, and he said, "dude, that thing has to be doing an easy 200db, whats it have?! 4000 watts?! sheesh that thing will destroy a car." i laughed and said, "no it's just 8 18s on about 20k watts."

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

My nephew sais he can do a 156 with to 13w7's. I don't remember what he had for power, But I told him that seemed high. I know he had a prefab box. I told him it seemed a bit high. Maybe it's possible, i don't know.

not for him.

so no.

Well, it's family so, you know how it is. But i imagine 156 is possible with 137's in the right setup, it's just i am pretty sure all he had one one extra batt and a stock alt, even if it was a 140amp it seemed unlikely. It's not that important really.

my uncle said back in highschool (mid-late 90s) his hoopty had 6 12 jls in a sealed box and it would shake every window at the school. i asked if he ever broke a windshield, his response was, "yah man, i broke so many windshields i couldn't count, i also got a 3 day suspension for destruction of school property when i turned it up to loud and broke the window next to the principles office." so then i proceeded to ask him if he ever heard of todays "named" brands that are "unknown", he said, "no, they must be garbage if it takes more than 1 of them in a ported box to break a windshield. you should definitely spend the extra money and buy jl, you'll get the most bang for the buck." and it doesn't end here lol. I went to work with him one day and was on here (reppin smd at a roofing company :o ) and one of his employees was peeping over my shoulder, so i pulled up someones build and he gasped, i looked at him, and he said, "dude, that thing has to be doing an easy 200db, whats it have?! 4000 watts?! sheesh that thing will destroy a car." i laughed and said, "no it's just 8 18s on about 20k watts."

lol just 8 18's and only 40k watts, we really do get spoiled on this site with all of the awesome builds.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Walk into a shop

Me:" I need some 1/0 gauge wire"

Dude:" Oh, what for, what kinda system do you have"

Me:" A Skar 12 on a Sundown 1500, ever heard of either of those?"

Dude: "Nope, must not be all that great if I've never heard of em. But these 2 Memphis's over here (2 memphis 12's in a sealed box, 150 rms a peice) will blow out your back glass"

Me:" Naw, I'm good, but I'd like to see that"

Dude: "Buy em and you'll find out"

This is how all the car audio stores are around where i live

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Walk into a shop

Dude: "Nope, must not be all that great if I've never heard of em. But these 2 Memphis's over here (2 memphis 12's in a sealed box, 150 rms a peice) will blow out your back glass"

lmao sounds like commission to me.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Walk into a shop

lmao sounds like commission to me.

basically, he was tryin to sell the 2 subs and the box for $300, i was like NOOOOOO MOTHERFUCKIN WAYYYYY!!!

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I love that the shop I work at isn't this fucking ignorant.

No one says stupid shit like this. My co workers actually know what sundown, fi, etc is.

We're actually authorized dealers for DC, and our work kicks ass. We have some skilled installers.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived