Second Skin Audio

$$$ for help with enclosure advice

So I have been doing crazy research and even called RE Audio to get the true specs on the xxx15. I keep getting conflicting answers on enclosure volume. This is going to be upward firing in a 2005 beetle (rear seat removed) so I have room enough for almost 7 cubes. RE specs say optimal 4 cubes and some change at 33 hz. A rep told me at first 5.3 cubes then 4.2 cubes gross. i am at a loss here. the box needs to be exactly 42 inches wide and preferably no taller than 18 inches tall. I want to tune around 33 hz. It will be getting 1600 wrms clean power (underpowered a bit I know) I have also asked RE many times about ported vs sealed and get no answers. SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND I Will TOSS SOME CASH INTO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. He also said 60 squared on the port area and 30 on port length. I am not competing just want to hit hard and sound good overall (hence the xxx over the MT) So recommendations please. Im running mac so box software isnt working for me.

On another note the box will ideally be a rhombus (looking from the side....not readlly too drastic just trying to get the box to sit flush in the groove the back seat went into. hence the slight angle back ( also to help accomodate seats leaning back comfortably) question I have is on a slotted port L shape can the back of port length 2 be parallel to th back of the box or does that cause a problem. would be the same as the box at 90* but just slightly all angled back 15-20* from right angle. anyhow I know you are some smart bastards around here so I am depending on you guys to help me, I am not a noob, but I am far from an expert. So yeah cheers and thank you in advance.

2004 VW Beetle turbo'd shiny and able to go boom...DONT ASK ME WHY BUT THE WOMENZ LIKEZ IT.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

RE XXX 15 IN HAND GETTING REPLACED BY A DC XL M2 SOON

4.1 CUBES @ 33 HZ HITTEN DEM LOWS

XS POWER BATTERIES ON DA WAY

CLARION HU'S LOOKING PURRRDY

FATMAT XTREME AND RATTLE TRAPPED TO THE BALL SACK

THE REST IS A SECRET

There's always ram designs

http://www.ram-designs.com/

Well If I could just get accurate info I could design it. I just want experienced opinions and maybe some veteran help from someone familiar with the xxx 15

2004 VW Beetle turbo'd shiny and able to go boom...DONT ASK ME WHY BUT THE WOMENZ LIKEZ IT.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

THE REST IS A SECRET

Yeah it doesn't sound like the reps know much about their product. for an XXX 15, 4 cubes net sounds about right. Tuning around 33-35 should be good.

if i read right, you want to angle the front so it's flush with the back seats?

i'd be happy to design something for you. pics of a 3d model and everything. shoot me a PM and we can talk

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Yeah it doesn't sound like the reps know much about their product. for an XXX 15, 4 cubes net sounds about right. Tuning around 33-35 should be good.

if i read right, you want to angle the front so it's flush with the back seats?

i'd be happy to design something for you. pics of a 3d model and everything. shoot me a PM and we can talk

sent ya a message if you need any more info just let me know. thanks man.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

THE REST IS A SECRET

4 cubes optimal

33hz

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

4 cubes optimal

33hz

Yeah thats what RE site says, but I have heard its wrong. So far everything as far as specs go with RE has been off lol. So is that 4 cubes after sub displacement and prt displacement?

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

THE REST IS A SECRET

4 cubes optimal

33hz

Yeah thats what RE site says, but I have heard its wrong. So far everything as far as specs go with RE has been off lol. So is that 4 cubes after sub displacement and prt displacement?

Model the sub to see how far you can grow the box, since you are sourcing below rated power you may be able to go above 4 cubic feet.

And they say 4 cubic feet plus port volume.

Edited by Joe X

Could someone please help me out, i am new to this forum and i was just needing a question answered i build boxes and usually i just use like the 12 volt to figure my calculations for like port length and volume of box. the thing is i don't know if that particular calculator takes into account driver or port volume displacement. so does anyone know of a really good calculator that is easy to use that will tell me what the port length should be as well as accounting for the volume of the port and the driver??

Thanks!