XS Power

hi everyone! I was looking in to getting a d6500 battery from xs power but i couldnt find no information on if the 551 i-bar would fit the battery? has anyone with a d6500 battery put one of those 551 i-bars on their battery?

i wanna know because i have a couple of grounds and power wires to my current stock battery side terminals and im sure that they wont have enough moving room to reach the top of the battery.

i dont believe the d6500 is setup for use with the ibar

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

damn. if i hadnt buried my extra d6500 behind the panel/amp/box id check for you. actually eff it. ill undo my front batt. i ordered the ibar kit just for this. give me 15 min

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

thanks a bunch baaudio. i appreciate the pic and quick response. but dang... what would work for a side terminal adapter on the d6500? do you think the kinetik KHC-SPA side post adapter would work?

Edited by chimera

If I was gonna make it work what I would do is use a buss bar like piece to put under the adapter and bolt into the d6500 terminal

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

the ibar wont fit because the ibar has a special tab that falls into a slot (on ibar fitted batteries) to allow if to stay into place and remain secure, so theres no modding you can do to get it to fit

really, all you can do is contact tool maker to have custom terminals made up

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

Just a suggestion for the OP but have you traced the wires to your fusebox and your starter to make sure nothing else was connected to them (idr what the stupid things are called but its like a clamp that goes around the wire that will detect your current draw and change your vehicles charging voltage to conserve fuel). You can always just take the stock cable and get some 4ga and run that to the stock locations and mount it right on the top terminal of your d6500. Something else you could do but i really wouldnt recommend it would be to get something like a fuse holder and a bit of 4ga wire then chop off the stock GM connector and put the gm wire into the other side of the fuse holder. That would work but i feel uneasy about that for your starter.

edit: dont get the i-bar for it either. you CANNOT modify the i-bar as the part where the i-bar comes into contact with your battery terminal has a indentation and it will not line up on your battery nor will it have a solid connection. As BeAlLsTaR13 mentioned the i-bar has a little slot on the top of the battery that holds the i-bars into their slots so they cannot move around or get shorted out. You can do like i previously mentioned or contact tookmaker to have a custom side bracket but idk if he has anything he can do for it because the GM connections are not 100% flush and require lead to be on the face of the connector so that when you screw in the terminal it will "sink" into the terminal to prevent it from slipping, without that soft area of the metal your connection will not be strong and may heat up.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress