Sundown Audio

rca question about running multiple amps

Okay well im plan on running a sundown 100.4 and a sundown 125.2 now the question how do I add the RCA on the amps?? Since my headunit (alpine cda 9815) only has 2 RCA for front 2 for rears(planing on removing rear fill no use for it imo) and 2 for woofers so how would I do this? All the mids and highs for the setup will be just on the doors and maybe future a pillar or kicks but never the rear, but have any idea on how to do this??

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Bump please help, is it maybe some kind of y splitters?? Or some kind of strapping can be done so I use both sundown amps

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ahhh thanks that make sense man thanks just one more question so once I do that does it matter what RCA channel goes with what??? Like for example does RCA channel 1&2 go on the channel 1 of the output of the 125.2 and channel 3&4 to the channel 2 of the 125.2?? Does that make sense??

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

It only matters that you match the left and the right for your rca and speakers. For example you connect the left (white) rca from your headunit to the channel 1 input on your 125.2 and then connect the right (red) rca from your headunit to the channel 2 input on your 125.2. Next you will take the splitter i linked in the earlier post and connect that to the channel 1 output of your 125.2 rca connection and the other to the channel 2 rca connection on your 125.2 so that you have a total of 4 rca outputs on the 125.2 (2 per channel output). Then since you connected the left channel to channel 1 of your 125.2, the channel 1 output of the amp's rca connection will also be the left channel. So take the rca's that go off there and use that for the speakers that will be on the left side of your car. Then for the two channel 2 outputs on your 125.2 this will be the right channel for your speakers in the vehicle.

To answer your question about how to hook the outputs from your 125.2's rca to the 4 channel im not sure how you are planning to run it. Are you planning to make it so that you have 2 channels dedicated to just your mids and the other 2 channels for your highs? If so heres how you HAVE to wire it.

Take one of the rca outputs from your 125.2 (lets say the left one) and connect this to channel 1, then take the right output from your 125.2 to the channel 2 of your 4 channel amp. You then would use the channel 1 output of the 4 channel amp as the left speaker output. and channel 2 as the right speaker output for your mids. Then you would take the remaining output and hook it up to channel 3 and 4 respectively as before and keep the same polarity and balance.

If you are still lost please let me know, i can make a quick sketch up for you and scan it if you need me to.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Well I plan on using the 2 channel just for my supertweeters and the 4 channel just for my sundown mids I'm running 2 mid and 1 tweet per door of my mustang no rear fill so what i though i was going do was use the fronts of my alpine use that for the inputs of my 2 channel and the ouputs for the y splitters and use the top output for channel 1nd2 and the bottom output for channel 3nd4 of my 100.4 but that seems wrong now

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Its hard to understand what you are getting at so im sorry. But do you mean you want to take it so that your super tweeters are run off just the 2 channel amp and then ONLY your mids are run off the 4 channel amp?

Also you are thinking 100% correct with what you are doing now. You just have to be sure to make the left and right side connections. For example if the left input on your 2 channel is channel 1, make sure that you connect the y-adapters output to channel 1+2 on your 4 channel. Channel 1+2 on your 4 channel will be used for the mids on the left side of your vehicle and channel 1 on your 2 channel amp will be used for the super tweeters on the left of your vehicle.

Your thinking is perfectly correct now, just make sure you have the left and right setup correctly. Dont want to make the rca connections right and have your speakers hooked up in reverse lol. I highly suggest getting a sharpie to make small marks on your rca and speaker connections so you know what wire goes where. I used a label maker with mine and it helped immensely.

One final thing: Im not sure what you meant by "use the fronts of my alpine" do you mean to hook up your speakers to the speaker output of your headunit? If so DO NOT do this. The speaker outputs will clip way before the rca's will clip and your sound will not be even.