Second Skin Audio

Questions on firing forward

Ok, I've been throwing the idea back and forth of firing my sub forward in my 07 Kia optima, but have some questions about it. I've heard that if you fire forward you need to tune lower. Is this true and if so why?

Also if I do go through with it, I was curious as to how much output is lost from having the seats up. I know there are to many variables to give a difinitive answer, I'm just lookin to see what kind of results you guys have experienced. Thanks!

The output will be less with the seats up, whether the subs are facing forward or back. I never heard the tune lower thing before. It can also be vehicle dependent. Maybe build a box that you can easily flip around, to try both ways and see whats louder/better.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

The output will be less with the seats up, whether the subs are facing forward or back. I never heard the tune lower thing before. It can also be vehicle dependent. Maybe build a box that you can easily flip around, to try both ways and see whats louder/better.

Yea I knew I would lose some output with them up, I just figured I would ask and see what kind of results others were seeing with it.

And I don't remember where, but I had read a thread on here about someone saying they lost a lot of low end output when the turned their old box around a then someone else replied saying something about since the sub is not loading off the trunk lid anymore it makes it seem like your box is tuned higher or some shit like that. Idk it was a long time ago I had seen that thread so I might be thinking of something else.

Yea I knew I would lose some output with them up, I just figured I would ask and see what kind of results others were seeing with it.

And I don't remember where, but I had read a thread on here about someone saying they lost a lot of low end output when the turned their old box around a then someone else replied saying something about since the sub is not loading off the trunk lid anymore it makes it seem like your box is tuned higher or some shit like that. Idk it was a long time ago I had seen that thread so I might be thinking of something else.

When I had the 2 10's firing forward sealed, I peaked at 32hz and could play down into the 20's. Like I said, could vary by vehicle.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Once you face forward you will never face back.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Yea probably is vehicle dependent. My trunk is big enough I will be able to flip the box I have designed around no problem so I will just try it and see what I like better.

Yea will do...might be a while cause I'm inbetween jobs since that project in temecula finished up and the next project isn't supposed to start till end of next week. Not to mention unemployment is a freakin joke :glare:

sealing it off from the trunk forward is really the key to the gains of facing forward...as well it cuts down a ton on ass rattle..

use some cardboard as templates to make pieces to seal it off..

as for tuning lower because facing forward I can say I have never heard that..but doesnt sound like a bad idea to test out if you can make an interchangeable port...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg