Second Skin Audio

Questions on firing forward

The reason for tuning lower when facing forward is that when faced backwards the trunk is basically acting as 4th or 6th order enclosure.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

What did you tune to? And what disappoints you about it? Any pics of the install?

i tuned to about 35hz and i thought the sundown was going to be a little louder but overall it sounds good hits the lows pretty good. ill get you some pics in a little while

Dude, fire forward with the design we agreed on. Seal it off and you should be good. You can't depend on half-ass explanations.

Until Stevog gives you details of his sisters' build, disregard.

Yea I'm not gonna change anything...I feel good about the design.

Dude, fire forward with the design we agreed on. Seal it off and you should be good. You can't depend on half-ass explanations.

Until Stevog gives you details of his sisters' build, disregard.

Yea I'm not gonna change anything...I feel good about the design.

I aplogize for how that came out. Drunk post lol.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

If you are going to fire forward then you really need to seal off all the little holes. Might need to take panels off to find all of the holes that are needed to cover up.

Yea I was planin on getting it all sealed off proper...is the duct tape over the small holes good enough? What do you recomend?

I used deadener over the holes. Even duct tape should be fine for the smaller ones, though.

Right on...if you think of anything else, let me know :good:

Facing forward, the soundwave has less time to fully develope, thus hurting the lows. Where's as facing to the rear, the wave reflects off the trunk then continues into the cabin. Low frequencies are "longer" waves than higher. Also sealing off is the way to go and you want you box as far back as possible to allow for better wave development.