TheNewbies build - DC, Skar Mitsubishi Eclipse FINISHED

DC logo looks slick as hell! And do what DJ said next time, primer the entire box and it won't suck up as much paint. Also use Elmer's wood filler or Bondo/body filler on the edges and over the screw holes. The sides and edges are paint whores, and the filler acts like a sealer. Plus it makes it look a lot cleaner.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

yeah the DC logo was pretty cool looking. but i hate spray paint finish on the whole box personally. the wood just soaks up too much paint.

I agree honestly, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I haven't carpeted and it's cheaper to paint it, so I went the cheap route being I'm poor right now :P

I wish it was cheaper to paint it.... Lol I've spent close to $50 to paint the box I have now. 2 cans of killz primer ($20), 2 cans of gloss white ($10), enough sandpaper to get a good finish ($15) and don't forget brushes and paint trays ($15).

Just for future reference though, if you prime the box first and sand it with say 150 grit the spray paint will come out much better and not have that rough feeling you've prolly got now. I love the dc logo though, I've always thought that look was cool

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

looking good. does the Skar amp take 4awg inputs? because if i were you i would look into going to ToolMaker and getting just a single step up to 1/0, and run 1/0 to your amp. Will be better for the amp, make sure you have enough electrical to back it all up. :) but the box is looking good. cant wait to see that M2 lvl 4. what Dust cap did u get with it?

edit: oh and change your BL title dude! dont hate on your own system before its done. lol it may not be the biggest system but its bigger than your last, there for its big.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

DC logo looks slick as hell! And do what DJ said next time, primer the entire box and it won't suck up as much paint. Also use Elmer's wood filler or Bondo/body filler on the edges and over the screw holes. The sides and edges are paint whores, and the filler acts like a sealer. Plus it makes it look a lot cleaner.

There concrete screws, they stick out rather than sink in, so I can't do that, I'll prob end up replacing them soon once I buy more screws.. don't have anymore laying around that will go through my double baffle :( thanks for the suggestion though man :drink40:

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

yeah the DC logo was pretty cool looking. but i hate spray paint finish on the whole box personally. the wood just soaks up too much paint.
I agree honestly, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I haven't carpeted and it's cheaper to paint it, so I went the cheap route being I'm poor right now :P
I wish it was cheaper to paint it.... Lol I've spent close to $50 to paint the box I have now. 2 cans of killz primer ($20), 2 cans of gloss white ($10), enough sandpaper to get a good finish ($15) and don't forget brushes and paint trays ($15). Just for future reference though, if you prime the box first and sand it with say 150 grit the spray paint will come out much better and not have that rough feeling you've prolly got now. I love the dc logo though, I've always thought that look was cool

Little stuff adds up big man, on my Mcdonalds 30 hours a month salary it doesn't get me much to build off per month. But i'll do with what I can, I'm not in a rush. Birthdays soon too :D

Check out my build log:

looking good. does the Skar amp take 4awg inputs? because if i were you i would look into going to ToolMaker and getting just a single step up to 1/0, and run 1/0 to your amp. Will be better for the amp, make sure you have enough electrical to back it all up. :) but the box is looking good. cant wait to see that M2 lvl 4. what Dust cap did u get with it? edit: oh and change your BL title dude! dont hate on your own system before its done. lol it may not be the biggest system but its bigger than your last, there for its big.

Yeah, it's 0 gauge outputs, not exactly sure what you mean by ToolMaker.. or who? But I got the blacked out dustcap, I can't wait till it's here! I'd change it to TheNewbies build at most man. Compared to many on this site it's concidered a small build, thanks for chiming in and all the input :)

Check out my build log:

30 hours a month?! Damn! Even more props for you saving up for this :good:

Someone already said it up there^ but that dc logo is serious! Diggin the outline spray painted too... gives it a unique touch I think...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived