Having a hard time finding a H/O Alt.

I've recently installed a Shurikne BT-120 in my trunk and a Optima Red Top under the hood. I am upgrading my sub amp from a Planet Audio 1400w at 1ohm(i ran it a 1ohm) to possibly a AQ2200 or a Hifonics BRZ2100. Either amp will be running at 1ohm. My question is do I need a H/O alt? I do have 1/0 running front to back. If I do need a H/O, where to find one for my 98 Jeep Cherokee, because I've had a very hard time finding one that actually fits. DC Power is out of the question. They said, "Direct Fit," but the alt didn't fit and they took for ever to refund my money.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

you couldnt have looked very hard. I know of three that can do it off the top of my head.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you couldnt have looked very hard. I know of three that can do it off the top of my head.

they have some, but i won't a direct fit. I know DC listed some. Mechman I haven't tried. I don't want to spend anymore money on something that "might" fit. And have my truck in the shop for weeks without and alt.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

they have some, but i won't a direct fit. I know DC listed some. Mechman I haven't tried. I don't want to spend anymore money on something that "might" fit. And have my truck in the shop for weeks without and alt.

weeks??!! an alt replacement should take a shop a couple hours. what was wrong with fitment?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

weeks??!! an alt replacement should take a shop a couple hours. what was wrong with fitment?

The alt replace took around 2 hours, but after discovering that the alt didn't fit I attempted several times to contact DC Power with no success. I had to wait until the BBB to contact DC to even get a response so that I could get a refund.

Since you took it to a shop and probably didn't witness it, are YOU sure it wouldn't fit.

I was watching them install it. I saw everything. The alt was hitting against the factory mounting bracket.

Since you took it to a shop and probably didn't witness it, are YOU sure it wouldn't fit.

Thats what I was thinking.

OP have you tried doing it yourself? Its really not that complicated, look up a "how to" guide.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

The alt replace took around 2 hours, but after discovering that the alt didn't fit I attempted several times to contact DC Power with no success. I had to wait until the BBB to contact DC to even get a response so that I could get a refund.

so you had your truck sitting in a shop for weeks at a time instead of throwing the old one back in and getting it on the road? either that or Im not following your reasoning. I agree that you shouldn't have had to call the BBB to get ahold of them, but having your truck sitting in a shop for something as simple as an alt replacement is just a bad judgement call.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco