2010 Mustang GT Walled; It Was Fun, Time to go Fast

I'm not an expert on fiberglass but yea I'm pretty sure all you need to do is start addin mat and resin over the areas needing glass. And yea looks like the foam isn't needed after all.

Yeah, i'm glad I didn't need it, but I dropped $8 on those two cans.

Anybody fiberglass pro's? Can I just add mat and resin over the tape how I have it now?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'm not an expert on fiberglass but yea I'm pretty sure all you need to do is start addin mat and resin over the areas needing glass. And yea looks like the foam isn't needed after all.

Anybody fiberglass pro's? Can I just add mat and resin over the tape how I have it now?

In my experience you can, just make sure you overlap the resin/mat off the tape and onto the wood, and then a lot of layers.. I don't think the resin would soak through to the wood if it was just put on the tape.

EDIT: Awesome build coming along btw

Spread resin over area thickly, lay mat on top, lay another coat of resin on top of mat.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

In my experience you can, just make sure you overlap the resin/mat off the tape and onto the wood, and then a lot of layers.. I don't think the resin would soak through to the wood if it was just put on the tape.

EDIT: Awesome build coming along btw

Thanks man. I would definitely spread it past the tape.

Spread resin over area thickly, lay mat on top, lay another coat of resin on top of mat.

Right on top of the tape?

And there will multiple layers in the corners, should I wait for each layer to dry before adding the next?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Pretty sure the fiberglass will not stick to the masking tape, that's how I've seen people make molds and be able to pull it off the masking tape

I may be wrong though

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Archived