Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I bought this 49 GMC 3/4 TON when I was 15.. My dad and I never got around to re-doing it together for our father and son project.. It has sat in the same spot for over 18years.. When my dad passed away, I got is 76 chevy pickup and now I have all these cars just wasting away... Now here is what I need from you guys.. When I bought this truck all those years ago, I paid $1500 for it.. I need some help figuring out what to sell it for.. :)

Thanks

Jay

DSCF1184.jpg

DSCF1186.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1191.jpg

Edited by mazdaspl
Posted

Restore it, and it'll look beautiful

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

Restore it, and it'll look beautiful

I would, but dont have the time or money for it... Plus if I do restore something, it will be my dads 76 chevy..

Posted

Trust me guys, it would bother me to see it go... But honestly it would help me move on since my dad passed..

Posted

Any ideas of what to sell would help guys.. Im no gear head, so when it comes to car stuff other then audio im lost.. :)

Posted

A lot has to do with how solid the truck is! Does it have all the sheet metal? Condition of what chrome and glass (windows) is on the truck? I can say no doubt you could easily double what you paid, just need to find the right buyer. I would put it on Ebay with a reserve around $2500, and see what happens. Truck looks pretty solid from the pics, original color as well, which helps in selling older collectibles and projects, cause people dont have to guess on if it had multiple paint jobs or not.

If I didnt have so many projects in waiting I would definately be interested, but I have 2 bikes and a race car to finish.

Good luck on the sell, it wont be easy.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Posted

I would give you 2000 for it if it was closer to me ... but not worth the 1000 dollars in gas to go and get it ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I'd say keep it...lol.

Looks to be in great shape.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted

Keep it.

You won't get as much money as you might think in the conditions it is (you should still be able to get a decent amount though). At least get it running and the price will most likely skyrocket.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Posted

Thanks alot guys for the imput.. It does suck that I cant redo it.. I have also been considering trading it for a car trailer...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2156 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...