XS Power

I am planning on mounting a D3100 as a second battery under the hood of my truck. Living in PHX the summers hit temps of 110+ degrees. How have D3100's held up in extreme heat? How long are warranty's. Does anyone in extreme heat areas have experience with these batteries. Most people cant go more than 2yrs on a redtop because of the heat.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

D series isn't meant for underhood s series are... I've had 2 xs batterys swell up on me from heat...heat shield wrap will help

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

As long as you do not overcharge you should be good. The more you can do to shield the heat away from any battery the better it will be. Charging at high voltage in the heat is the #1 way to balloon a battery. Especially if you are playing the system at a show or at idle. The engine heat can not get out of the engine bay and you are basically baking the battery.

D and S batteries have a 3 year warranty, but swelling is not covered under warranty.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Well I guess I am just gonna have to do it and find out. When it's 117 in the sun here, it's like 145 inside car.

I am gonna order 4. I have to all 3 vehicles. Thanks for the info.