Quest to reach 150db+!

did a 143.9 with 1 t2 12s and a t1500.1bdcp at 1ohm using an iasca bass cd at a comp here in alaska with only an added battery and 10 farad rockford cap, dont see why 2 18s cont do a 150 on music if done right.

no one in alaska has a termlab from what ive found so far but im told the meter used is only about 1db high compared to a termlab. i dont remember the meter brand right now though team ht on here would have more info on the meter most likely he has used it and does know more then me on this subject.

I don't know what was used, but as far as I know, two sets of termlabs here in anchorage. Me being one of them.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

did a 143.9 with 1 t2 12s and a t1500.1bdcp at 1ohm using an iasca bass cd at a comp here in alaska with only an added battery and 10 farad rockford cap, dont see why 2 18s cont do a 150 on music if done right.

All depends on the vehicle, much easier to do higher numbers in a smaller car and also depends on class and metering style. His Bravada is like my Explorer and open vehicle with a large cabin space to fill up. We have a Ford Taurus doing a 144. something on music with sub and port firing into the cabin and it wasn't sealed off yet. Oh sub is 1 15. So the quest to create spl in a larger vehicle is in my opinion harder to do with the same amount of power and subs. I'm going to say he could do it with 2 18's but it would have to be 1 hell of a box and a lot of wattage.

no one in alaska has a termlab from what ive found so far but im told the meter used is only about 1db high compared to a termlab. i dont remember the meter brand right now though team ht on here would have more info on the meter most likely he has used it and does know more then me on this subject.

I don't know what was used, but as far as I know, two sets of termlabs here in anchorage.

who has the termlabs? i would love to see what i do on a termlab compared to the meter image audio out in the valley uses.

yeah i would agree it does seem to be easier to get higher scores in smaller car then a bigger suv

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Well i was going to put them in a 12^3 box tuned to 31hz , and put the back seats down.. subs on top and port firing back. The AQ 3500.1 says it'll do 4300 watts @ 1ohm. So i was ognna wire the 18s to a 1 ohm load? This prolly wont hit 150 on music? Will it do a good hair trick with a big enough port?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Well i was going to put them in a 12^3 box tuned to 31hz , and put the back seats down.. subs on top and port firing back. The AQ 3500.1 says it'll do 4300 watts @ 1ohm. So i was ognna wire the 18s to a 1 ohm load? This prolly wont hit 150 on music? Will it do a good hair trick with a big enough port?

Not sure it would pull a 150 but it may do a high 140 pretty easy, and I've seen plenty of 2 18 set ups do hair tricks.

for 150 on music with 18s i would say a good box and about 5-6k rms with an electrical to support it. by good box i mean you might end up building and testing more then 1 box. gotta find what those subs like in your car, every sub will react different in different vehicles. the same subs and box that does a 150 in bobs suv might only do a 145 in bills suv just becuase they are different suvs. its more of a build test repeat repeat repeat kind of thing. time consuming but could pay off in the end.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

such naysayers

150 with 2 18s and 4k should not be horribly difficult

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Its possible to hit 150 with 2 18's you will really have to know your shit though (Tejcurrent did it) http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/7153-btl-enclosure-recommendations/ And if I was u I would keep that ZX2500 & just buy another! Kicker makes some of the BEST amps & not to mention it will do more than rated & puts out full power @ 2ohms!! :yahoo::clapping:

Not all amps do that!

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Archived