i agree with above if your already at 415 you got some nice parts already maybe look into a n0s system assuming you have forged pistons

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

• 3 weeks later...

To be making that power, what exactly is already done to the motor?

I had it blueprinted to be exact in everyway. When i got the crate from Edelbrock it met "standards" but that doesnt mean perfection. I got the whole thing rebuilt with more Aluminum and chrome parts, headers and a new performance edelbrock carb. I also got it straightpipes and finished the gas tank yesterday with a new bigger (20 gal.) tank, a bigger fuel pump, a new sending unit and a better o-ring for it. I also had a few modification done to the 4-speed to pull more power out of it. Apparantly it needed to be modified to handle more torque capability.

You do not have 400hp just so you know.. sounds to me like you have a stock rebuilt 350 with chrome parts.. nothing wrong with that but lets be realistic here.

i have a 11-1 400 small block, 292H cam, ported 350 heads, .125 dome pistons, scat crank it makes around 400-450bhp

remember power - weight is a big factor in acceleration 500hp in a 5500lb truck and 500hp in a 3300lb car is extremely different

for your 350 i would get vortec heads 64cc and when you do that you have to get a vortec intake that alone would boost a stock 350 from 8.5-1 to 9.5-1 which would add around 50hp

everyone gets so sarcastic with there hp numbers these days, my neighbor has a 4.6 supercharged cobra, cams, heads, intake, everything it's very nice he says hes around 850bhp and 750rwhp we took it to a dyno and it made 475whp..

everyone gets so sarcastic with there hp numbers these days, my neighbor has a 4.6 supercharged cobra, cams, heads, intake, everything it's very nice he says hes around 850bhp and 750rwhp we took it to a dyno and it made 475whp..

haha thats awesome. sounds like most of the people i hear.

DSC_0127-2-1.jpg

Ok, you say chrome parts. Stop there, chrome doesn't add hp (flames and racing stripes do). ok, now you said aluminium. Whats aluminium? the intake? It's bluprinted, ok thats good. Now, give is a detailed list of parts, crank, heads pistons rods, bore, stroke, valve size, cam lift and duration, timing, ignition module, carburetor size, and what type of intake. That will let us help you decide where to go next.

if you want a quick fix, just throw a bunch of underdrive pulleys on everything and dont idle ever.

Last year my neighbor and I dropped a BUILT 383 into his 87 Chevy 4x4. It was built by Sloan Racing in Broadway, NC. He got a 700R4 from TCI and we went through a few front and rear axles (4 low fucking burnouts!) That engine was brutal, we had to ad a vacuum pump for the breaks becaus it lumped so hard at idle. It was pushing 550hp give or take and it was fucking fast! (on 37" swampers) Over 400 is some good power, run that thing on a dyno and see what it is really putting to the tires.

and I am not being a dick. I am sure the car is pretty fast but I would like to see exactly went into that 350 to make that kind of power

heads and cam will give you most gains short of forced induction.....

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

• 1 month later...

port and polish heads, bigger intake, cold air intake, new cam, straight pipes sound good but you need a muffler to get some horsepower down, you lose alot of throttle reaction from no mufflers. You dont have a nascar or a drag car so dont try to run it like one. also a short throw shifter wnt give you more horsepower but it will allow you to put it down quicker.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Archived