Sundown Audio

Opinions on amps please??

KenC210

So i currently have 2 (newer models) kicker zx1000.1. Would it be wise to sell both them off and get only 1 amp for subs? The amps i was looking at were hifonics brutus brz2100.1 or the hifonics brutus brz2400.1. Any opinions please would be appreciated.

Edited by KenC210

It´s a good idea to replace 2 with one amp. But you didn´t raise the ampquality initself if you switch from Kicker to Hifonics.

If your setup work fine, you only loose money, to support poor hands in eastasia and a poorpayed sellingsturcture in the U.S.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Sell and invest.........AQ 2200D or AQ 3500D.1...............

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block

125 amp breaker at front batt.

Stock Alt.

I figured it would be good to change from 2 to 1. i hear a lot on here or other forums that hifonics are descent for the money. then if i sell the 2 amps what other good options would i have? I also have 2 kicker zx650.4 that i would end up selling just because i want to use that same brands in amps its weird but its just me i guess

I figured it would be good to change from 2 to 1. i hear a lot on here or other forums that hifonics are descent for the money. then if i sell the 2 amps what other good options would i have? I also have 2 kicker zx650.4 that i would end up selling just because i want to use that same brands in amps its weird but its just me i guess

Why not try to change the 1 K Kicker´s for a 2.5 K-watt´s Kicker? Maby you get a deal in the trade section or over on CACO-forum.

yeah i would have to changes subs then... something i plan on doing later down the road but not right away. right now i currently have 2 aq sdc 2.5 15's and they are dual 4. i know they are rated only 600wrms each and i dont have the full power from the kickers going to them. i also am able to get a better deal buying new from kicker i just couldn't wire the subs to 1ohm

edit: the kicker 2500.1 is not a bad idea though i could wire to 4ohms and be straight

Edited by KenC210

hifonics does get he job done, but it would be a major downgrade as far as amp quality. I would sell them, save a little more, and get something korean.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

yeah i would have to changes subs then... something i plan on doing later down the road but not right away. right now i currently have 2 aq sdc 2.5 15's and they are dual 4. i know they are rated only 600wrms each and i dont have the full power from the kickers going to them. i also am able to get a better deal buying new from kicker i just couldn't wire the subs to 1ohm

edit: the kicker 2500.1 is not a bad idea though i could wire to 4ohms and be straight

And next not buying 3 new amps, try to trade your amps, save your bucks up for something what you can more need.

The BRZ line is ok but Hifonics is away from the old times quality.