My HAT Unity's right speaker sound a little louder than my left?

I was playing with the balance on my speakers and found that my right speaker sound more crisp and louder than my left ones. What can I do to check for the problem?

So far this is what I'm planning to do:

1) Switch the left and right speakers to see if the problem will switch sides, if it doesn't than I will know that it's the wiring.

What else should I be checking for if it's the wiring?

I don't think the polairty of my left speaker is backwards because the difference in sound is not too bad.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Driver seat.

Update: I'm starting to suspect that it was actually the hotel California song having more sound effects on the right channel at the beginning of the song. Can someone confirm this?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Driver seat.

Update: I'm starting to suspect that it was actually the hotel California song having more sound effects on the right channel at the beginning of the song. Can someone confirm this?

very possible

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Update:

I've just taken both door panels apart and tested for two hours and listened to each individual tweeter/speaker and checked wiring. Everything passed.

At the end, I repositioned my left door tweeter and my front stage sounded more balanced.

Wtf? Can 1 freaken tweeter really make the SQ of your front stage off balanced?

I still have to do a few more tests later this week.

I'm going to get some of those SQ test cd's.

I'm also think I lose a lot of SQ in the front stage when I put my door panels back on so I might just drive around with no door panel lol. It's too bad I don't know how to do fiberglassing or anything fancy.

Driver seat.

Yes, it has more highs and mids on the right channel and the most bass is on the left channel.

Although it depends at which moment in the song you are listening at. Sometimes the left channel has more instruments.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Driver seat.

I was having the same issues last week when I was gettin my doors dialed in, ends up the MP3 I have of Awolnation "sail" is pretty unbalanced, I figured it out by swapping my RCA's, put red to white and white to red and the imbalance switched to the other side.. Used some different tracks and also re aimed my driver side tweet and everything sounds better now.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

absolutely

One of the most common obstacles is the steering wheel (depending on tweeter location).

Imaging can be a bitch if not very well planned. Good luck.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D