Second Skin Audio

A good clean sub

I am looking at the Fi Q subwoofer but was wondering if I should go down that route or Ascendant Audio Havoc is a better deal. If anyone has any experience with either one or both please let me know. I am looking at a single 10 or 12 in a cu ft enclosure. I have a TREO RSX 1600 amp that does 310 watts x 1 @ 2 ohm and 600 x 1 @ 1 ohm. I am keeping that amp so was just wondering which would be a better deal out of the two subwoofers.

Thank you for all your help.

that amp wont meet the needs of the aa havoc they are 1250rms rated try the 12" type r by alpine very nice subwoofer for sq or if u design your box for it it can get low as hell as well 6oorms is whats needed to run that one

I am looking at the Fi Q subwoofer but was wondering if I should go down that route or Ascendant Audio Havoc is a better deal. If anyone has any experience with either one or both please let me know. I am looking at a single 10 or 12 in a cu ft enclosure. I have a TREO RSX 1600 amp that does 310 watts x 1 @ 2 ohm and 600 x 1 @ 1 ohm. I am keeping that amp so was just wondering which would be a better deal out of the two subwoofers.

Thank you for all your help.

No idea on the havoc, but I have a loaded Q12 and it sounds awesome overall. I'd put it in the SQL area as it does get plenty loud with enough power, hits lows nice and does well on metal/rock.

2008 Chevrolet ColoradoPioneer DEH-X9500BHSSundown SAX1200dFi Q12 loaded

Boston Acoustics GT-275 on: Pioneer TS-D1720cKinetic HC1200 XS power XP750

I've heard good things about the TC sounds woofer. also i hear the FI Q is the W7 killer as far as quality, even though the dub7 isn't extremely special. but like stated earlier, it all comes down to the box, the product is only 10% of it.

something tuned low with not too much port area on low power will blend nice.

Or a T-line possibly. they're hit and miss in cars though.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

@ 412 CVX

You hit the nail with your response. A lot of shops over here do not know how to build boxes and they usually do a prefab box. Personally I rather do a custom box because I had better experience with a custom box than a prefab box. I did an experiment back in the days with a pair of subs with a sealed enclosure. I did prefab and then I did custom and honestly I prefer a custom box over a prefab box.

I really need help picking out a new sub for my next build. Keep in mind that this is sq only not spl or sql or any of that. Im building my next system now. I have a 500 dollar budget. Im not picky on size.

Ok I would IMHO I would buy

I've heard good things about the TC sounds woofer. also i hear the FI Q is the W7 killer as far as quality, even though the dub7 isn't extremely special. but like stated earlier, it all comes down to the box, the product is only 10% of it.

something tuned low with not too much port area on low power will blend nice.

Or a T-line possibly. they're hit and miss in cars though.

Wow im sorry but ROFL on your quotes in the sig LOL...http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-FI-BTL-Subwoofer-/300688458294?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item46026dc236 and I would get this amphttp://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html or something like that.. Personally you would need about 800 to 900 to do something special.. Scratch that I would buy thishttp://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-ACOUSTIK-MOFO154X-15-3000W-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-MOFO-154X-/260985568512?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item3cc3f3bd00 and a cheap hifonics amp for now while I saved for the crescendo 3500 But thats just what I would do..

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

Well keep in mind that SQL setups are more about blending everything togetherd so not a lot of power to the sub

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.