Second Skin Audio

Amateur Box painter (Need help)

So i want to finish my box, its made of mdf and i have a few questions. I want the box to just be painted black, nothing more complicated than that,

1) what primer should i use

2) what paint?

3) how much time between coats and how many coats of primer and paint

4) spray paint or no?

Thanks!

i usually use any cheap primer, and then some spray on bedliner.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

Fuck it dude I just hit it with the good'ol spray paint! quickest easiest way to black it out. Lets face it, how "pretty" are you going to get raw mdf?

work your way from start to finish and the part you started on should be dry by the time you finish. Repeat until you find yourself with empty pockets.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Primer wait 2-5 minutes between coats, medium coats and get good coverage,. Paint depends on what the can says but about the same. just keep adding coats till you get good coverage. this is why you want to get the primer right. i like rustoleum texture paint but if you just want black get good black, not cheap stuff. it took two cans off primer and 3 cans of paint for my 34x15x13 box.

Same thing I do lol. And as many coats as it takes! Before priming, sand all rough spots out. Wipe dust off. Use Elmer's wood filler or Bondo to fill in the screw holes or any dings/uneven gaps. Use the wood filler or Bondo along all cut seams, the edges really, of the MDF. Those seams suck up a shit ton of primer/paint. After you've filled/Bondo'd everything that needed it, go over it with your primer, most likely 2-4 good coats. Don't go too heavy with it, just do the first coat to cover a majority of it, then the rest of the coats to cover up what's been missed. Let that dry and repeat the process with the bedliner.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

also been wondering what kind of paint is best to use?

where i will be painting i would rather not have to rattle can it i was wanting to roll on paint inside port

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I've had good results using rustoleum brand primers and paints, not sure on mdf though.

I always use the enamel paints btw.

Edited by sprkn_ranger