Just spent a little over 2 days reading your log. You 've been putting in some nice work like the new box and cover licks nice and clean. Question when you did your roof what is that stuff on the sides of the roof? Going to start deadening my roof soon.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I had the charger on the other day while working on stuff, the charger has been kinda acting a little weird lately. Some days it works, others it either flashes all the lights or will charge for hours and not want to go to 100% charge. Anyways, while working, I thought I heard something, so I came closer, and there was this very faint quiet creaking noise coming from my Kinetic. There is one bubble on the top label and a couple bubbles in the label on the front. I need to test the charger some time and see what it's charging at, hope it didn't up and shit out and I've been overcharging at like 16V or something, I haven't been using it until I get time to test it though.

On another note, I won a $50 coupon from Sonic so I was going to put it towards a new charger but will have to see how this battery does and maybe get a new battery instead.

Just a couple voltage drop vids now that I have everything put back together. Does pretty good now at speed, used to be able to drop it to the mid 13's driving, and low 13's at idle. Will have to do another once I get a chance to see how it does at idle.

You don't have to watch the whole vids either, should edit them down because after the first 10 or so of playing that's about as low as it's going to go.

k kool makes sense now

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I knew it was quiet by comparison, now I just know by how much :(

IMG_20150606_142129884_zpsbykztyhc.jpg

Was 140.x at the windshield, 138.x at the headrest, and I screwed up in the kick with a different song I thought would work, got a 134.x

Won 2nd place for my class though....

IMG_20150606_220725453_zpscan3anr7.jpg

.... out of 2.

• 3 months later...

Just read through the whole build. This is my first post in a while but I had to say good job bro nice work. I recently bought a 06 pontiac torrent which is pretty much the same car. My trunk/cargo area is set up different I have less width to work with I currently have 2 aqhdc3 12s in it. Seeing your work and progress helped give me a good reference before I started to tear mine apart so thanks for the log lol.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

• 5 months later...

TL;DR: Rambling personal shit that made me quit audio last summer, getting back in again now tho.

I haven't updated this in a long time because I didn't want to look at it. Last summer we had a trip for my childhood best friend's wedding, and I got pissed on that trip. Basically started hating a lot of my old friends, upset with our situation, upset in general. Wife's car wasn't doing so good, eating a quart of oil every 1500 miles, we didn't have a lot of extra money, and plans included getting a camper in the future and getting a new car among things and audio was one of the first things that came to mind as a source of extra income. We were possibly going to get rid of wife's car, give her my Equinox, and I would get a truck. So everything had to come out and go back to stock.

i6mBHNI.jpg

cJPaEdv.jpg

Since then, we ended up putting the wife in a Buick because used truck prices suck and she hates the Equinox, I sold the amps and a couple small miscellaneous things to help pay for it, but kept a lot of the audio stuff I had. A lot wouldn't sell and I was content to just sit on it for a while, because you never know and someone might hit you up in need of an extra battery or something.

We had been trying to get pregnant since last April, and in October we got it. Wife was super stoked, as usual I started to get the dad panic and saving moneh, started building shit in the house for the other ginglet and upcoming one, and planning finances more. Tried to sell some more audio stuff, nothing did, so fuck it back to storing it. Plans on a camper gonna have to wait, whatever.

In December, she miscarried. Nothing we did or could have done, basically the baby just stopped developing at 4-6 weeks and we didn't find out until 10-11 weeks along. Shit happens, it sucked but whatever. We had started to buckle down better about paying stuff off, plans on a camper are dead until a few years after we hopefully have baby #2 and things straighten out a bit.

So now, I've just been looking at all this stuff I have sitting around in the way, and the only thing I'm missing is amps. I don't have much to do to keep my hands busy, no big projects to work on really. So everything is going back in the car like it was for the most part, and I'll be picking up a couple new amps in the next few weeks.

Archived