1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

I just went and looked at yours and it pisses me off! Why you ask does it piss me off? CAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY GOD DAMN TIME TO BUILD MINE RIGHT NOW! Sooooo in a very kind and non offensive way, I give you this............................ :jon:

Now then, that being said I asked you over there what your measurements were so I could compare to mine. Keeping in mind however, that I'm confined to a tool box until I can afford a shell or tanneau cover and then possibly go bigger.

Onto something else for you guys. I was looking at my center console seat, and unfortunately I can't take it out unless I remove the whole bench seat. At least that's what it looks like now. I can get a ratchet and socket up on the front bolts, but the back bolts are right up against the floor board, by about a half inch actually. SO my thoughts are that I might be able to just remove the rear bolts on the seat frame and lift it up a little bit and then I may be able to get it. I am going to, now that I see how it attaches, do some nutserts for the enclosure, and then have them bolt through the top through the inside of the box. It'll make sense when I finally get it going.

Some stuff is going to happen soon guys, I promise!!

I have been waiting to do mine for 3 months, and as soon as I got back from vacation, it took me maybe 4 days to start/finish it. :) Haha!

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Damn, what I could do with 4 days straight! WOW!

I'm looking into rear glass replacement now, but it's probably going to be expensive. I'm seeing on my Ford Truck forum that they don't make that rear seal anymore, so it'd have to be ordered from the dealer and it's like 250.00 or something like that. I could get a rear glass from the junk yard, but we'll see. Gonna have to call around for it I guess. Not a priority right now anyway.

Nope. Been swamped with other stuff. Hoping to finish it up next week so I can get to building on the enclosures.

I do have a little equipment update though. I ordered the last set of front door mids yesterday. I'm also waiting on some more money to roll in and I'll be picking up the second 4.600 for the front as well.

I'm also still dealing with truck suspension, steering, and brake issues. I just haven't had time to deal with it. The original plan to have the shop here deal with it all is slowly falling apart. I still have to get the front reverse shackle kit done, the shocks done, and a couple other things. The company we were going to go through, that the shop is an installer for, is being a pain and is going through some manufacturing issues. Contract stuff. So we've decided to scrap them and go somewhere else. Let me explain. What I need is the reverse shackle kit. I'm looking into it now, cause I've also gotten now some V Code leaf springs from an F350 Superduty and these will help along with the RSK to soften the ride as well as lift the truck a little bit. LIke 4 - 5" when done.

So now I've got emails out to companies to see what all i need. I'm seriously considering saving some money and doing it myself so that I can do the rear as well. It's not a matter of if I can do it, but when. So The front will go up 4-5" and the rear will go up about 4-4.5" and sit level. So I'm waiting to hear back from them to place my order for what I need to get it done.

In the meantime I've exchanged the power steering pump, but haven't had a chance to swap it out, and I need to still swap out, yet again, the brake master cylinder. This truck is quickly becoming a PAIN IN MY ASS!!!!

There will be something happening soon, I can promise you that. I'm finishing one project tonight, then the other I should be able to finish by Monday or mid next week. After that, I'll get something started. The other thing is, I'm picking up side jobs left and right so there's a lot of stuff going on. I picked up a kitchen re lid (ceiling literally has ceiling tiles you'd see in a store or restaurant and needs sheet rocking and electrical done properly), full house re base boarding, paint, and possibly kitchen remodel if money is there. That's all one job. Second job is a deck rebuild. Second story, about 12 x 10 and needs rebuilt badly. So those will all provide extra money for the house, and hopefully some skimming off the top for audio fundzz! So it's a good thing, just takes away from build time!

So you guys should be caught up now. Nothing has changed, nothing has deviated from the plan, just no time to start the execution of said plan! Let me know if you guys don't remember the plan and I'll lay it out for you!

Ok so, little update. The suspension was ordered today. Should be here by the end of next week. Problem is, the parts I thought I was getting from a local shop, I'm not getting. So I'll have to look around for that. Hopefully another 4wd shop will have them and I won't have to pay too much for them, cause these were gonna be free. Oh well, not in a huge rush. If it works out that I have to wait for it to happen, then so be it! I've obviously got enough to start on in the mean time!

That's it for now!

It'll end up being about a 4" - 4.5" lift when its finished. Not that dramatic but the most important part is that the ride comfort level will be night and day. The bone jarring when going over bumps will be gone finally which will make my wife happy, and me too. Maybe I can get another 4" squeezed out next year. We'll see. I still have to locate the leaf springs. That's next on the list for the suspension.

So I just got in the last set of mid ranges for the front doors. All I'm needing now for those is the second of the 4.600 amps and then I'm going to be using, I don't know if I said this already or not, an Audio Control Matrix Plus to supply good power to the front stage. I don't want it lagging and I have to split the channel a couple times, so by running it into this, and splitting it that way, I'll be golden for voltage. BUT, I do have all the equipment to get started on the doors. I already have an amp so I may make a mock up for it and use it to get the doors going.

I'm also going to see about getting to the junk yard to get a couple door panels so I can make sure I have a back up set to keep in the truck while I'm working on it. I don't want bare doors while I work on it. These I can get mocked up and then build out of the truck.

That's about it for now.

Sorry, forgot pics, but they're the same thing you've already seen I think.

IMG_20120912_133817.jpg

IMG_20120912_133825.jpg

IMG_20120912_133846.jpg

Nope. Been swamped with other stuff. Hoping to finish it up next week so I can get to building on the enclosures.

I do have a little equipment update though. I ordered the last set of front door mids yesterday. I'm also waiting on some more money to roll in and I'll be picking up the second 4.600 for the front as well.

I'm also still dealing with truck suspension, steering, and brake issues. I just haven't had time to deal with it. The original plan to have the shop here deal with it all is slowly falling apart. I still have to get the front reverse shackle kit done, the shocks done, and a couple other things. The company we were going to go through, that the shop is an installer for, is being a pain and is going through some manufacturing issues. Contract stuff. So we've decided to scrap them and go somewhere else. Let me explain. What I need is the reverse shackle kit. I'm looking into it now, cause I've also gotten now some V Code leaf springs from an F350 Superduty and these will help along with the RSK to soften the ride as well as lift the truck a little bit. LIke 4 - 5" when done.

So now I've got emails out to companies to see what all i need. I'm seriously considering saving some money and doing it myself so that I can do the rear as well. It's not a matter of if I can do it, but when. So The front will go up 4-5" and the rear will go up about 4-4.5" and sit level. So I'm waiting to hear back from them to place my order for what I need to get it done.

In the meantime I've exchanged the power steering pump, but haven't had a chance to swap it out, and I need to still swap out, yet again, the brake master cylinder. This truck is quickly becoming a PAIN IN MY ASS!!!!

There will be something happening soon, I can promise you that. I'm finishing one project tonight, then the other I should be able to finish by Monday or mid next week. After that, I'll get something started. The other thing is, I'm picking up side jobs left and right so there's a lot of stuff going on. I picked up a kitchen re lid (ceiling literally has ceiling tiles you'd see in a store or restaurant and needs sheet rocking and electrical done properly), full house re base boarding, paint, and possibly kitchen remodel if money is there. That's all one job. Second job is a deck rebuild. Second story, about 12 x 10 and needs rebuilt badly. So those will all provide extra money for the house, and hopefully some skimming off the top for audio fundzz! So it's a good thing, just takes away from build time!

So you guys should be caught up now. Nothing has changed, nothing has deviated from the plan, just no time to start the execution of said plan! Let me know if you guys don't remember the plan and I'll lay it out for you!

LOL, Sounds like my Ford, whenever you want to customize, something that has worked forever breaks. I have to do my master cylinder soon, just did all the damn brake lines. Sick build, been quietly watching for a while now. I may have missed it earlier in the build, but what engine does your truck have?

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived