DC Sound Lab

Almost 100% sure this is a user-caused problem, not blaming DC at all. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this with household items (obviously I have no idea what I'm doing). I don't really want to pay for a recone as I'm saving up for a new vehicle so helpful advice please!

http://i.imgur.com/aSdEA.jpg

Edit - DC XL 15" M1

Edited by KeepItLow91

If you are handy you can order some tinsel lead from fix my speaker. remove dust cap with razor knife very carefully. find where the tinsel goes into cone and connects to the leads on the former clean out the ca glue with a dremal tool with a small sanding stone bit. solder the new tinsel to the connection at the former poke a new hole in the cone run tinsel through make sure you have enough slack for cone travel and solder to push connectors check to make sure it works. put glue back around the connections at the former and glue the dust cap back down. This will work i have done this a gew times with guys that dont understand what ckipping is and blow out tinsels. you can even add more if you would like. i did a lvl 5 from dual to quad a few moths back.

How the hell did that happen?!

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Spent a little more time looking at everything. Where the tinsel is sewn into the spider there is about a 3 inch long spot where the edge of the spider has come loose from the basket. The tinsel in question also seems too short. All the other tinsels have a decent hump in them where they have slack, if I hold the frayed ends together there is hardly any slack at all. Either way if there is no simple 'permanent' fix, I'll just send it back and pay for them to recone it or something.

get a piece of 10ga OFC, and solder it to the terminal, and to the tinsel going onto the spider. free air it and check suspension with the new wire. just an idea

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/