Second Skin Audio

Who knows how to build a box?

Can't exactly design a box yet if you don't know what subs lol

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

lol well i know that haha.. either a 15 or eighteen. but im just trying to see if i can find some people. hopefully this deal goes through tomorrow which id be getting one 15" american bass sub. rms at like 1500 and yatta yatta but like isaid im trying to find people who can

Well, be positive because the point of building a custom box is just that, so it's custom and fits the recommended specs of a certain subwoofer.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

i know haha....whenever i look at box builing programs idk what sizes to start. i have no experience in making them. i know how to physically cut and put them to gether all sealed and nice and such.....i just dont know where to start with sized and port size i just know the sub specs (if buying this one goes through) and i want it tuned about 33hz - 37ish hz (for loud and low bass, yet can play every style of music) but i also dont have thebudget to trialy and eroor boxes so

So get your subs and take tha maximum dimensions of the box you can fit and post the vehicle and amplifier models.

One thing, if your vehicle is trunk type you should not buy 15"s or higher diameter subs since most likely will only be possible to mount them firing upwards.

Can't exactly design a box yet if you don't know what subs lol

I dont' think the OP understands...

lol well i know that haha.. either a 15 or eighteen. but im just trying to see if i can find some people. hopefully this deal goes through tomorrow which id be getting one 15" american bass sub. rms at like 1500 and yatta yatta but like isaid im trying to find people who can

In order to design the box properly, we need to know your goals, what type of music, how much room you have (LxWxH), type of car/truck you have, and most important, what sub(s) you are getting.

If its' designed for the wrong subs you'll probably end up with at best, an sub-optimum design, and at worst, a box that sounds like complete ASS. So we need to know exactly what subs.

So we know you have an SUV. Are you going for all out SPL, do you wanna dig deep or do you want a really decent SQ box?

Also, what you want it tuned to means shit unless you take into account the sub, enclosure type, and vehicle acoustics. It's more important to know what you listen to, then build the box to suit the sub and your listening type. 37Hz for one certain sub will play really deep where 30hz will suck with a different sub.

So get your subs and take tha maximum dimensions of the box you can fit and post the vehicle and amplifier models.

One thing, if your vehicle is trunk type you should not buy 15"s or higher diameter subs since most likely will only be possible to mount them firing upwards.

I have a 15" firing up port back in my trunk and it sounds bad ass. I have 9 inch clearance to the lid of the trunk so it digs real deep too.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.