Wiring Duals Alts?

Im sure this has been answered b4 but everytime i put it in the search nothin comes up.Im gonna order dual alts for my hoe one 240 and one 300.I wanted to know how I wire it?Im guessing I plug in the 240 to the stock wiring and then what :blink: ? find another plug for the 300 and splice into the stock wiring or just run the 300 to the battery when i do my big 3?Im tryin to understand all this so bare with me :blush: .Correct me if Im wrong but arent the Iraggi's internally regulated??If so I NEED to splice into the stock wiring,RIGHT? :blush::(

Please help guys

I NEED THIS KNOWLEDGE

Aloha

Smokeumtires

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Most Iraggi alts have internal regulators, I think it's only an external regulator if you order it like that???? Correct me if I'm wrong.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

yes both statements above are true. personally i would try to upgrade as much wire as possible thou

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I'm with Smokeumtires on this. Any information or instructions on how to actually install and properly test a dual alternator system would be really helpful. Maybe if we could get some who's currently doing a multi-alternator install could share the experience. Maybe we could sticky the information just like the Big 3 thread above.

Right now the only really good hands on tutorial I could find on installing a dual alternator setup was this one from Car Audio and Electrioncs website. Its a step by step using Dave's D.C. Electric's dual alternator kit.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/technical/0206c...ator/index.html

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

On my truck, I ran the power wires from each alt directly to the battery and I personally didn't use any fuses on that wire. My '06 Yukon alt has a 2pin plug. One is the voltage sensing wire and the other is the stator wire (turns on/off the alt). The factory alt is computer controlled which I wanted to bypass with my second. My second alt is a 200a large case GM w/ the 4pin plug. Only one of these wires is actually needed. It is known as the "L" wire (stator wire to turn on/off the alt) and in my case was the yellow one. This wire was connected to a 12v ignition source so the alt turns on/ff with the truck without any interference from the computer.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived