(Idea) Capacitors In High Amperage Setups

ok, i just got done reading all this and my eyes are strained but oh well...

anyways on topic, i have a 250 amp singer alt (still gotta do 1/0gauge for the power wire), interstate starting battery, intersate rv deep cycle battery and a 10 farad rockford cap. im running a t1500.1bdcp at 1ohm to a pair of t2d412 and at an idle i see drops down to 12.3 and at 1800-1900 rpms i get down to about 13.3. now i didnt test my voltage drop but i did take my cap out for about a day and my amp would go into protect after about 15-20 mins at an idle but would hold up just fine while driving down the road. not only would it go into protect but i could hear a major difference in the quality. with out the cap it wasnt as clean, deep, and the lows just where not the same. had a freind that had never sat in the car get in with out the cap installed and he was amazed how good and lound it was. i then had him assist me in installing the cap agian and then listen to it agian and he said it was like a completely different setup and that it was a lot more clear and he could feel the lows way better.

now this is only my experience and my setup isnt huge but to put it into perspective for all of you spl chaser i can do a constant 143.5 on the termlab legal sealed up my first run was actualy a 143.4 then my second run was a 143.5 .1db gain im assuming was because i folded my back seat back up rather then it laying down. not sure of the freq but i played 44hz-46hz tracks from a cd.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

That's low voltage protect. At idle, you alternator cannot supply enough power, so the voltage will dip into the battery reserve. After 15-20 minutes of having the battery supply the extra current, your voltage will eventually dip low enough that the amp will protect.

That's low voltage protect. At idle, you alternator cannot supply enough power, so the voltage will dip into the battery reserve. After 15-20 minutes of having the battery supply the extra current, your voltage will eventually dip low enough that the amp will protect.

yeah i know, and with the cap it doesnt do it. after it did it the one time with out the cap installed is when i put the cap back in.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

agreed and stand corrected on the t15kw

Out of curiosity, where do you buy those Maxwell caps? The RF CPCC1 and CPCC2 were of a similar design, but "only" 50 and 100F. I'd like to research them a bit.

I was wondering the same

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived